Trailer Trash

It is Wednesday, right? (Read 21 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hump Day! I get to spend most of my work day driving for a short meeting only to drive back again.  Oh joy!

I did get in what has been my norm workout at the gym last night - progressive inclined run on the TM (2+ miles), step machine, 2+ miles of faster pace, step machine, all followed by a leg workout.  I vowed last year that my legs need to get stronger.  I have sacrificed some of the overall mileage for it but I think it will be beneficial in the end.

QOTD: Are hills your friend?

For me, they are becoming more "friendly".

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

No time a lunch today for a run. Have a meeting and then have to run some errands. Might run a few miles tonight, but I'm not an evening runner usually unless it's for beer.

QOTD:  I'm a big guy, so normally no, but did a lot of training for Grand Canyon last year, and now hills and I have made peace. I do love downhills .

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

After dropping off the car, went for 5 miles in Rock Creek.  Lots of frozen mud, high water in the creek and not a single person.  I did take a trail connector that is rarely traveled, but I don't think I've ever not encountered at least one other person (or dog).  And though it was on the cooler side, it felt as if spring is really on its way (maybe it was the singing birds in the trees).  definitely made up for the run I did not do yesterday.

qotd:  getting better.  This morning's route has it's share of hills, and one in particular, I struggle with.  Maybe it was my slower pace to manage the frozen mud holes, but today was the easiest time up it in a long time.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

3+ frozen-cow-pasturing, aggravated by a couple inches of ice-cold water underneath the ice and one of my YakTrax breaking on me. Let me tell you, there's a huge difference between going uphill on a frozen surface with just one YakTrak, or downhill!

Still a very enjoyable run, I would have loved to go longer, but it seemed a bit daring with just one traction device.

QOTD: I guess they'd have to be my friends, or I would be very lonely out here in my corner of the world. Actually, I have always loved the hills, especially uphills.

Run for fun.

bagge_pants

Good Day!

slept 11.5 hours last night , and I'm talking heavy sleep, with a small break in the middle to eat

4.5 miles running easy on soggy and icey grass

Today is my Sunday as I work Thursday through Monday

I've noticed a local place has short Tuesday races all summer, so that's motivating.
            http://catamountoutdoorfamilycenter.com/events/summer-events/tuesday-night-trail-running-series/

If I take the farm job I might ask for Wednesday through Sunday hours in order to race those. Could be interesting!

bagge_pants

QOTD: Love hills, favorite runs were a 2.7 mile loop with 700 ft gain and 700 ft loss, all runnable and a 11 mile out and back with 1000 ft climb in 3 miles, runnable as well. 

I haven't found a local hill to run in town though. By the farm there is a 1000 ft climb on a 6 mile out and back, only half runnable though.

muppy

11.5. Road miles, I'm ready to get back on the trails!

Baggee, today is my Sunday too!

QOTD Most of my runs have some type of hills. I like the uphill, not a fan of downhill, need to work on going downhill faster.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It was suppose to rain this afternoon so I was pretty surprised when I stepped outside and saw how dark it still was.  But it was cool as the clouds were brewing.  As I ran the wind really picked up and then came the rain.  I love the wind, it excites me.  Returned home to find the driveway covered in needles......again... looks like another day of racking needles up.

Yesterday failed to mention that my sweet pups stopped to smell something on the trail.  So I stopped and was looking around when all of a sudden I felt something on my leg.  That little fucker Jack was peering on my leg!!! WTF!!!  All I do for him and he pisses on me!

QOTD:  I have never minded hills and am pretty goo at going up.  I often pass folks on the up only to have them pass me on the down.  Need to work on my downhill running. (I said this before reading Muppy's )

QOTD2:  Where's Blargen?  I was thinking about him as I ran and wondering if he disappeared because he got a job. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Slow out and fast back planned for after work, only about 5 miles though.

QOTD: I'm a good climber, not a good uphill runner, a good climber. I do pretty good at picking my way down technical down hills. By no means do I consider myself a fast, or even good, down hill runner, but among 190+ pounders, I can get down a rocky, rooty section of mountain trail pretty well.

LB2

DigDug2

8.5 easy on the TM at lunch.  Looking forward to getting outside later this week.

QOTD:  I like uphills (and I'm decent at them), don't like downhills (and I suck at them).

NorthernHarrier

Beach running counts as trail running, right?  A little over an hour running the beach this morning dodging the incoming waves.  Sadly though there is not much eye candy around as it's probably a month early for that. Just old people, even older than me. 

QOTD--Like hills though this gravity thing is a little harder when you're toting a few extra pounds. Prior to my hip injuries I was a bad ass downhill runner but now a days I can feel that running is indeed an impact sport so I am a little more tentative.  Short legs are a real asset on hilly routes.

Sandy-2

No...  it's Thursday.  

Got ot my ass outta bed and did 5 mi up the little hill this morning.  The 4 visible planets were in full view in the clear pre-dawn sky.  Really nice.

qotd: only on the way down.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Haven't ventured onto the trails since all the snow melted, but coincidentally I had a hill workout today totaling 7.1 miles.

QOTD: I used to be very good on hills, both up and down, not so much anymore.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

Beach running counts as trail running, right?  A little over an hour running the beach this morning dodging the incoming waves.  Sadly though there is not much eye candy around as it's probably a month early for that. Just old people, even older than me. 

Walked about 7.5 miles today including climbing up to Diamond Head.  I wasn't going to bother posting today but just wanted Harrier to know that I sat on the beach at Waikiki admiring the natural beauty around me .  Gotta chose your vacation spots better .

QOTD: As much as hills kill me for some reason I love them. Just need to get better with my descending. I'll often pass some real strong people on the uphill but since I can't descend to save my life they pass me on the downhills.