Trailer Trash

The World Is Ending Wednesdailies (Read 26 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

(Sorry, AT, I couldn't help myself with the title.)

Ummmm, sooooo, ummmm, that was an interesting night.  I'm still not running, but damn do I need to.

QOTD: Well?  Is the world ending?

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

The world is not ending.  Although some seem to think so.  I did vote last night, just before the polls closed at 8.  I walked in, voted, walked out.  Who did I vote for? Not Clinton.  The other choices were not good either but this is what we had to work with.  All I can say is we are in for an interesting ride.  I slept well last night, did not pay attention to the news before bed and was not anxious to find anything out this morning.  If it wasn't for DW telling me, I still might not know.  I did not run this morning, maybe tonight.  Life goes on...

QOTD: It will end...eventually.  We are a sick people and will cause extinction by our own actions...eventually.

On that note, have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

(Sorry, AT, I couldn't help myself with the title.)

Ummmm, sooooo, ummmm, that was an interesting night.  I'm still not running, but damn do I need to.

QOTD: Well?  Is the world ending?

HAHA, I was just logging on to post the same title, but I was going to use a "?".

Raining here, so might skip lunch run. I need some motivation.  Maybe if we get into the Gorges Watterfall race I'll get a boost.

QOTD:  Not yet!  I talked to a lot of people the past few days, and seems like most here were just tired of what's been going on in Washington and did not want anymore old guard like the Clinton's and/or their corruption.  DD#1 voted for Bernie as a write in, so even she hated Hillary.  I just hope Trump surrounds himself with good advisers. I've said all long he ran the race like it was a TV show, and that's what got him the nomination. Don't think that will work running the country, but who knows.  I am in favor of term limits, and he said he wants to do that when he gave his Gettysburg Address.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Plan to run after work today, I'll also need to badly. Red state blues I guess.

qotd: It all depends on which Donald Trump shows up in the white house.  If nothing else the secret handshake will be interesting. 

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

A interesting 4 years lay ahead of us. As a moderate leaning Libertarian I hope things moderate a little down in DC over the next 4 years.  I'm very concerned about who he may pick as his top advisors.  But at least he's not from the establishment. Maybe in two years we can find a few more bums to throw out .

Heading out to my hunting grounds to talk with my friend about where to put my deer stand since he cut down the woods I hunted in a turned it into farm ground . Damn, I miss those trees .  After that I'll head to the gym for my first session of the year.  Cardio with be on the rowing machines.

QOTD: For some people, maybe. I heard some of his speech when he was here in Hershey and he really hit on the companies who send jobs overseas.  Maybe for some of those CEOs the world will end and some people here can get or keep jobs.

XtremeTaper

No run today. Taking a very light week to celebrate the season of darkness (no not the election, the fall back to standard time) and hopefully calm down my cranky knee. I did visit the planet of fitness last night for strength and stretching rituals.

QOTD: If you move outside the boundaries of time, the world never ends. However in this particular realm, I believe we will be ok, other than our portfolios taking a beating for the next few weeks.

Laugh for the day... a little toilet  humor from SNL. Khool Toilet

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Can't decide whether to run intervals today or tomorrow with a 5K race on Sunday.

qotd: The world won't end until the Sun goes nova. That doesn't say anything about the future of humanity.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

I stayed up last night watching a bunch of pundits crawfish and squirm around. I'll run tomorrow, with vigor.

QOTD: No. It will be fine. I was surprised by the outcome of the election, but you have to give Trump and his team an enormous amount of credit for putting together a plan and sticking with it throughout; that takes courage and an enormous amount of discipline. I have never run a race on a grand scale like that, not even remotely close to that. But I do know that every day is a challenge. You second guess your plan; you think you are going to lose; you think you are going to win. People tell you all sorts of stuff that can get in your head, but you have to stick to the plan. That is how you win. He nailed it. He, or those around him, saw the disconnect and capitalized on it. It was impressive whether you like the outcome or not.

LB2

muppy

13 miles yesterday on the rail trail with the 7 mile tempo run.

Getting ready to go out for a rainy run now.

QOTD  today is the same as any other day,  Life in the world will go on. The really sad part is we couldn't  come up with any better candidates out of the 300 million people in the USA.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

found out on my run yesterday evening that I need a headlamp now . a wee bit dicey the last 15 minutes!

going to try and get in 5-ish this evening (have headlamp in truck now!)

qotd: I don't predict too much different in my life; I'm sure a lot of folks are scratching their heads this morning; I'll bet outside the US they're really scratching their heads! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

No run today. I turned my ankle a little on my jaunt to and from the polling place yesterday, plus last night was a late one.

qotd: Nah, though I do expect it to be a crappy four years. It's unbelievable what crybabies some of the people I know are, though. I don't like DT at all, but I have to admit I was relishing those HC fist pumpers getting the rug yanked out from under them. And today they think the whole country is a racist woman hater, a misunderstanding of what's happened that's closely connected to why they were wrong about the election in the first place. What I'm hoping is that this shakeup precipitates some real choices down the road - clearly people are fed up and willing to overlook a lot in order to elect someone other than a career politician.

LB2

qotd: Nah, though I do expect it to be a crappy four years. It's unbelievable what crybabies some of the people I know are, though. I don't like DT at all, but I have to admit I was relishing those HC fist pumpers getting the rug yanked out from under them. And today they think the whole country is a racist woman hater, a misunderstanding of what's happened that's closely connected to why they were wrong about the election in the first place. What I'm hoping is that this shakeup precipitates some real choices down the road - clearly people are fed up and willing to overlook a lot in order to elect someone other than a career politician.

I couldn't agree more.

LB2