Trailer Trash

Southwest Adventure - Grand Circle Trailfest (Read 31 times)

Total lurker here but really enjoyed the report.  Grand Circle races are on my bucket list!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Total lurker here but really enjoyed the report.  Grand Circle races are on my bucket list!

Nice to see you, Gatsby. Stop by more often.

I would recommend this event to anyone.  I wasn't sure if this might be like a Ragnar event, but it wasn't (not knocking Ragnar, but that wasn't what we were looking for). It was a nice family atmosphere and the organization will only get better next year.  The movies, speakers and a band made for plenty to do at night and the running locations were nice.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runMD

Lurker too.  Nice RR and really nice pictures. How far away are all three parks? Must have been some driving.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Ha, I suppose that's a super outdated term these days.  Back in the old RWOL days, FE = forum encounter.  That's what everyone called the meet ups.hook ups. 

FIFY

You people have issues 

AT-runner

Tim

Lurker too.  Nice RR and really nice pictures. How far away are all three parks? Must have been some driving.

All were about 60+ miles away. Bruce was an easy drive. Zion and GC required some off road driving on dirt roads. Some of the roads were pretty rough.

FSocks - see, I know what "Fixed It For You" was.  Must not have been having enough FE's. 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice report AT..I didn't comment earlier since I shared all my comments with you when we were there.    I did have a great time hanging with you and your wife.  Yea that Herb was a weird one...when he was with our group people became quitter, when he was gone we joked around and had more fun.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

Great pictures and report, congratulations to Mr and Mrs AT and happy 30th anniversary!

The wife and I are planning to take our honeymoon in the south west somewhere in January. Seeing all the great pictures I'm even more anxious to go!

PADRunner

Another lurker. That looks like a great vacation idea!

runMD

I head they want to do an Est Cost Trailfest in 2018.  How were the speakers?

XtremeTaper

The photos and trip sound amazing. I am surprised you treated those as races though instead of goof off/fun runs. I guess it's that whole bib thing. Not sure I am "social" enough for such a big group event, as we tend to like to set our own schedules, but it seems like you all had a great time.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

The photos and trip sound amazing. I am surprised you treated those as races though instead of goof off/fun runs. I guess it's that whole bib thing. Not sure I am "social" enough for such a big group event, as we tend to like to set our own schedules, but it seems like you all had a great time.

I wasn't sure how I was going to treat them, but on the first day DW and I started together and she said "go on".  That's my sign that she doesn't want to run with me, so I started running faster.  At the end of the first 2 days, I was aware that I didn't want to push it since I had more racing to do. On day 3 I felt good so I kept pushing a bit more.