Trailer Trash

Brace yourself, here it comes again - - too much running isn't good for you (Read 37 times)

Sandy-2

This article was picked up in my local newspaper this morning, but here's the original.  I have already had two people ask me about it.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/25/4916166/walk-away-from-excess-running.html

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

99% of the time people will ask me if my hip surgery was due to running too much. 

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

Doesn't apply to me.

I'm a jogger.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

99% of the time people will ask me if my hip surgery was due to running too much. 

Was it?

**Ask me about streaking**

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Was it?

Sure.  But the root cause was that my bones were abnormal and that's why it happened.  So it's not technically from running.

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I don't run for the health benefits, so this doesn't apply to me.

Gator eye

No ones getting out of here alive anyway so there is no sense in returning a half used body. I'm gonna wear out every part I can.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Phew, I lucked out on this one, too, it does not apply to me. I've never run a marathon in my life!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

I'm fucked.

Daydreamer1

I scanned through the article rather quickly as I don't have the time to dig into the supposed studies that were done. It looks like another one of those claims that is based on the "I tried to live healthy and still had problems so I'll blame the activity".   Sometimes you just can't beat your genes.

I'd rather die at 70 while running or biking then die at 90 in a nursing home covered in bed sores and pooping in a diaper.

I'd rather die at 70 while running or biking then die at 90 in a nursing home covered in bed sores and pooping in a diaper.

THIS.