Trailer Trash

Glacial Mondailies (Read 19 times)

Daydreamer1

Not really quite as glacial as Montana here in PA but it is rather chilly.  If I were at home it would make for a nice 5-6 mile run to open up the lungs but alas I'm spending a nice 24 hours at work so no running.  Got in a nice easy session on the trainer and elliptical along with some strength and balance training so a rest day is in order.

QOTD:  Anyone wearing a fitness watch or activity tracker for your regular life?

Since I got my Polar HR monitor for Christmas I've been wearing it to work at times but just as a activity tracker. It confirmed what I already knew. When at work I'm a slug. Last week I wore it for a 12 hour day shift and was moderately busy and still only got in 34% of my recommended daily activity .   That is part of the reason why so many people in EMS are big and fat, although the main reason is most don't care.  If I worked in the city I'd probably get close to 100% of my recommended activity.

runtraildc

MD has the same weather as DD and the other PA folks. Temps weren't bad yesterday, but the wind....  Got in just under 6 on Saturday, nothing on Sunday but yoga. Today's up in the air. I'm enjoying this break from running as I'm doing other stuff.  I think I'll continue the low key/no running goals for the rest of the month.

Later this week it will be in the 60s.

qotd: Nope, I can tell by the quality of my sleep as to whether I'm getting enough movement in the day (past running). Winter is an easy time for me to become a slug since my garden is dormant and the skies are grey.  Little DS wears a fitbit Charge-- between walking the half mile to/from school and the hallways, he usually exceeds the recommended steps by mid-afternoon.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

if by chance one of our weathermen were to move to your area, turn your tv off   These guys couldn't find their ass with either hand. Our low 20's yesterday was 10 degrees, said screw it and went on a 12 mile "run"- had about 3 miles of running with microspikes, the other 9 was tough snowshoeing- what's normally a 2 hour run was closer to four hours.

I think it actually might make into the 20's today so 5-ish after work

qotd: I don't have one, but would be curious get a fair amount of walking in and roughly 30 flights of stairs in a day

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well the "Atmospheric River"  they promised never came...the frenzy the media and weatherman created sent everyone to the sand bag pile and grocery stores to prepare and it was just basically a rain storm.  I too stocked up and am now left with bottles and bottles of wine and vodka and cans of beans!..    I did not run today...maybe after work  gym at lunch.

QOTD:  My new Garmin has a step counter but it includes my running.  At first I had planned on using it to reach an additional 10,000 steps.

DD:  Is this elliptical at work? and can you use it while waiting for calls to come in?

MT:  Serious that looks like a boogie hanging!    and I agree on the weatherman

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Cold here today but no wind. Cold yesterday too, but windy. Saturday was just right. Cold but no wind and light snow. Fifties later this week they say.

Day off from running today, but will hit planet of fitness after work for bike to nowhere, weights, and stretching. Yesterday was 7 miles on snow covered trails at French Creek Park. Just lightly covered, so it was nice, except for the cold temps and wind. I wore running pants for the first time in 2 years or so. Shocking. Saturday was a sort of long run, 3+ hours, about 16 miles, doing the long loop around Green Lane Reservoir. Cold but not windy, and we had a nice a little snowfall during the run which was quite pleasant.

QOTD: Nope.

MT - I agree with Queenie.. frozen snot rocket. Not sure if I ever posted my sweatsicle picture. Basically some sort of appendage sprouted from my glasses. This was a number of years ago... 2008 I believe.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I completed my first of hopefully many weeks of daily running.  The streak is alive at....8 days.  Now I need to figure out how to sneak in a run tonight.

It's not winter on RA until we have a picture of Warden with icicles from his stache.  Nice!

QOTD: None for me.  I don't even run with a regular watch much anymore.  I just don't care about my time.  I may everything with mapmyrun so I have my mileage accounted for and every once in a while I use my phone but otherwise, however long it takes...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

SRD for me today. I'm in taper mode this week. Will just do light running and core stuff.

qotd: the new GPS has an activity tracker and links to the phone for notifications but I don't use those features (also only wear the thing when running).

tbd.

LB2

Nice frozen snot and sweat folks. We don't have any of that going on down here right now. I'll get 4 after work today.

QOTD: You mean like a Fitbit? I don't have anything like that. I have a timex "Marathon". But I need to get another Ironman that has laps. Other than that, I don't really feel like I need too much additional information.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Ran on the TM yesterday while watching the first half of the GB-Giants game. I decided to play a little game and do intervals during the commercials. No wonder people are turning away from football. Way too many commercials. Ended up with 10 miles, which is about my TM max.

DW can walk on her ankle, but "it aint pretty".  She went to gym yesterday and rode a bike.  She's probably not running for the rest of a week.

QOTD:  Timex Ironman watch for me, but I'm supposed to be getting a Samsung Gar Fit 2 in the  mail. It came with my phone but they were out so it's being shipped. I might try it out to see how it is.  The only thing I usually like to track is where I've been on the map.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

QOTD:  Timex Ironman watch for me, but I'm supposed to be getting a Samsung Gar Fit 2 in the  mail. It came with my phone but they were out so it's being shipped. I might try it out to see how it is.  The only thing I usually like to track is where I've been on the map.

I like that Ironman watch. Mine died awhile back, and I just picked up a Timex Marathon. It does not have the laps on it. I don't like it. I need to pick up another Ironman when I go back to Walmart or K-Mart or wherever.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

I like that Ironman watch. Mine died awhile back, and I just picked up a Timex Marathon. It does not have the laps on it. I don't like it. I need to pick up another Ironman when I go back to Walmart or K-Mart or wherever.

My favorite feature is actually the Indiglo light. I can get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and use my watch to "glow' the way.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Warden - nice icicles

Queen - It would be nice to have a elliptical or TM at work but we don't. I'll normally do some laps in the parking lot but not when it's this cold.

Xtreme - You win the icicle contest. Never seen anything quite like that.

AT - Hope your wife's ankle heals up quickly.  Remember no ice, just heat. That's what my new study shows works the best .

NHLA

Way too cold to run today.

qotd  I only wear mine running. Its not welcome in the bedroom.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

qotd  I only wear mine running. Its not welcome in the bedroom.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄