Trailer Trash

Terrific Tuesday (Read 15 times)

LB2

I had a pretty good little run this morning of 4.3 miles.

QOTD: What is the most memorable beer you ever drank after a race?

It may be a close one, but I think it boils down to a Miller Lite I had at the end of the first half marathon I ever ran. I don't really like Miller Lite, but it just spoke to me when I crossed the line. And to this day, I think it may be the best one I ever had. I don't really care for a beer after a 100 mile run. But a close second was at the end of Pinhoti in 2014. We had a growler of Bell's Oktoberfest, and I had some good friends and family with me to share it. It was great, but that Miller Lite edges it out by a nose.

LB2

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I had a pleasing run last night of 7 miles on the easy side of Green Lane lake. Warm, but the lower humidity made for great conditions. Dry as a bone out there. I would estimate that the lake is down 3-5 feet. Tonight is the fourth and last race in the evening 5k trail series over at Warwick Park. I will get in 6-7 miles include warmup, the race, and cool down. Goal is to beat the time I ran in the 1st race of the series in May.

QOTD: Most memorable beer was a Michelob Ultra after completing my first marathon in 2003 in Burlington, VT. The Vermont City Marathon. I was in the beer tent sipping this god awful tasting beer with a big grin on my face. I was talking to some guy next to me telling him how awful the beer was and how I didn't really care. Scored some better beer later in a local pub.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

QOTD: Most memorable beer was a Michelob Ultra after completing my first marathon in 2003 in Burlington, VT. The Vermont City Marathon. I was in the beer tent sipping this god awful tasting beer with a big grin on my face. I was talking to some guy next to me telling him how awful the beer was and how I didn't really care. Scored some better beer later in a local pub.

I am feeling some vindication for liking that beer now. For years, I have periodically tried to get a Miller Lite to taste that good again, no luck. I am sure you scored some great beer in Burlington, maybe a Heady Topper?

LB2

XtremeTaper

I am feeling some vindication for liking that beer now. For years, I have periodically tried to get a Miller Lite to taste that good again, no luck. I am sure you scored some great beer in Burlington, maybe a Heady Topper?

Well, the Michelob Ultra was awful then and still is but it was definitely the most memorable post race beer. I can't recall beers that far back in time but likely some VT or New England brews.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Took a SRD yesterday.  Today I'm going to do 5 or 6 after work and between thunder storms.

qotd: I haven't had a beer after a run for a while now because I typically have to drive home and don't want to drink before driving.  Back a long time ago I used to do Hash runs, then we'd have lots of beers, but mostly watered-down swill so not very memorable.

On a side note, Korea is currently going micro-brew crazy, and if you travel there you will be quite pleasantly surprised by what's available.  Some great stuff.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  We are enjoying some really (really) nice weather- 37 degrees this morning, warming to the low 60's- the rest of the week calls for high 60's and low 70's for highs- God I love September!!!!

Going to try and get 5-ish in this afternoon, probably going to be a little on the slow side as my legs are still pretty fatigued from Sunday's run.

Most memorable beer for me was right after finishing my first Bob Open, we stashed a 6 pack in a creek near the finish; I can't tell you how good those beers tasted. My guess is even a Miller (or Coors) Light would have tasted good, but this was a six of a local IPA- Prickly Pear (comes in cans which is really nice) and it was exquisite 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Back a long time ago I used to do Hash runs, then we'd have lots of beers, but mostly watered-down swill so not very memorable.

a long time ago when I did hash runs you didn't need a beer  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

a long time ago when I did hash runs you didn't need a beer  

Hahahahaha.

LB2

Gator eye

8 solo this morning. Mr Jangles has been acting under the weather lately so against his wishes I decided he needed a few days off. To show me how displeased he was with this decision he got up in my bed and took a nap after I left.

QOTD: best beer ever was mile 93 of a 104. I was badly dehydrated and had been walking and dry heaving for the last ten miles. It was a looped course with one loop to go and I had to drop. I got to my truck looking for anything to save my race but nothing looked good. I sat in a lawn chair and told myself f- it I'm done, grabbed a beer out of the cooler and it was like angel pissin on my tough. It was so good I drank almost the hole can in one drink and quickly puked it back out. Grabbed another and drank it a little slower and it stayed. Drank one more  and ended up finishing the race.

Best beer ever

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Didn't run his morning because I didn't sleep well.   I woke up to thunder and lightning and couldn't sleep because I keep wondering if it was going to rain since my jeep top was off.  The smart person would have gotten up and covered the jeep and went back to sleep.  So when the rain finally came I had to rush outside and cover my Jeep.    So fall is here!  Will run at lunch.

QOTD:  ummmm hmmmm any beer after a race s good.  Maybe the Sam dams I had after my Big Sur Marathon.   Worst beer was after my first 50 miler.  The local brewery bottled beer and labeled it with the race logo. All I wanted when I finished was my hard earned beer and I got it but it was warm! 

MT Warden:  I was a bit slow on the Hash joke. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That is one mad dog.  I used to need a beer after my long runs to sooth my stomach.  Glad it helped you finish.

To show me how displeased he was with this decision he got up in my bed and took a nap after I left.

QOTD: best beer ever was mile 93 of a 104. I was badly dehydrated and had been walking and dry heaving for the last ten miles. It was a looped course with one loop to go and I had to drop. I got to my truck looking for anything to save my race but nothing looked good. I sat in a lawn chair and told myself f- it I'm done, grabbed a beer out of the cooler and it was like angel pissin on my tough. It was so good I drank almost the hole can in one drink and quickly puked it back out. Grabbed another and drank it a little slower and it stayed. Drank one more  and ended up finishing the race.

Best beer ever

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Was planning on 8 miles today but turned around early after kicking a leaf covered rock with my left foot.  I stopped for a bit and thought everything was fine and after about 1/2 miles had to turn around with increasing pain.  3rd toe on left foot is probably broken.  Purple as hell and if I tap the end I get a sharp pain in the middle phalanx. That's what I get for running rocky trails in the early sunlight. 

Warden - good one.

QOTD:  2 really stick out.  First time I ran the Marine Corps Marathon, there was an unofficial aid station at mile 24 and a guy handed me a cup of beer. It gave me a great mental boost and I finished strong.   Second was my first trail race.  It was the first year of the Ugly Mudder and at the end, since it finished at the German Liederkranz, I had my first Spaten.  We stayed way longer than we should have and had to sober up for the 2 hour drive home.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

An easy 3.1 tapering.

QOTD: Since I rarely drink beer, I can't say that there are any that are memorable.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

Went up on the mountain for a 17 mile run. All up hill and down hill. I had tried this course which is actually two loops last week in the heat and humidity and only got 9.5 miles through and gave up due to being totally beat. Today went much better with the cooler temps.

QOTD: Beer after a race????? .  I have difficult enough time keeping down good food like BBQ chicken and Pizza. Beer after a race? Yuck.

I'll slink off now and shut my trap before I get reported to the moderator and banned for making inflammatory comments .