Trailer Trash

TGIFridaily (Read 38 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So have lunch time stuff but unsure sure if I will do it.  That dam QOTD from yesterday may have jinx me as I am not feeling too good right now.  I'm going to hydrate and eat something see how it goes.

QOTD: If it's cold enough to use face protection then I would be running on the treadmill, I think, but don't know since we never have those temps here.  Even skiing in MI when I was young I never wore anything on my face.  I do wear a buff when it's cold just to keep my ears covered.

boyjame:  Please tell me the "leggings" were not the basic black but some crazy print, at least that is what I am picturing.

Jonferg:  From yesterday, old news but we are trying to work it out.  22 years together I am not quite ready to jump ship as Watoni thinks I should.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

Gonna be just another 3 in powder today, hopefully no blizzard. We've got some more snow bands bouncing around the area and the whole fam is stuck at home again.

qotd: I have and like the Buff. The regular one is warm enough, but like Jamezilla said, with a particularly bad wind chill/super low temps eventually the water from my breath will freeze on it and make it difficult to work with. After a couple of runs where I had to make the fish face for 5 miles in order to breathe I decided I needed something else. Right now I have an 'original' Seirus neoprene mask (I found it!) that's working. It's light and stays where I need it, though I had to cut a hole in the perforated part to make breathing easier.

As mentioned yesterday, a fake pirate beard is also an option, though it has its own issues.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

boyjame:  Please tell me the "leggings" were not the basic black but some crazy print, at least that is what I am picturing.

Ummm....I will leave it up to your imagination. It was 9:30 at night anyways and no one in their right mind is out of their homes at that time in this cold.  But like I said, use your imagination.  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jonferg67

Endless trails

Jonferg:  From yesterday, old news but we are trying to work it out.  22 years together I am not quite ready to jump ship as Watoni thinks I should.

Sorry to hear that, Sue. It's rarely as simple as just leaving, especially after 22 years. It could

also be an opportunity for growth and deeper commitment, once you get past the anger and

lack of trust. We've known 2 couples that have gotten through it and are happy they did. Good luck.

boyjame: i feel sexy when I wear by base layer tights.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for 6 in the cold sunshine. It will be fun!

Queen: I hope you'll be able to work things out. Sometimes this is the better ending, sometimes just leaving is. But definitely worth trying to get through it together.

Jamie, jonferg: Yay for the tights! And the prints! (as long as the legs don't look like choked cobra snakes)

QOTD: Like TT, I put only some vaseline or Aquaphor creme on my face when it is very cold and windy. I don't like breathing through fabric, or having something with frozen droplets in or around my face, so I don't wear a mask, a buff, or a scarf.

My nose does get cold sometimes, but usually after I've warmed up, I'm fine even in single digits and wind.

On my head, I wear a wool beanie, and if it's really cold, a double-layer fleece hat. If it's even too cold for just that, I'll wear the beanie with a second, knitted hat over it. Or I pull up the hood of my rain shell if I'm wearing that one already. I get cold on my head easily, and I get sinus pain if the front of my head gets too cold, so I keep the noggin warm.

Run for fun.

Watoni

So have lunch time stuff but unsure sure if I will do it.  That dam QOTD from yesterday may have jinx me as I am not feeling too good right now.  I'm going to hydrate and eat something see how it goes.

QOTD: If it's cold enough to use face protection then I would be running on the treadmill, I think, but don't know since we never have those temps here.  Even skiing in MI when I was young I never wore anything on my face.  I do wear a buff when it's cold just to keep my ears covered.

Hey, Queen, I am not saying per se you should ditch him ... Nobody outside a relationship really knows what it is like ....  I just have not heard anything on here that really speaks for him and I am generally protective of you. If you can work it out, that is great. I just have had many friends cheated on like this and one of my friends is very glad she moved on from her cheating husband of 18 years .... I wish you all the best!

As for a run, probably not today unless it is short. I ran last night to the store and back so got in 3 in the dark on the local trails. I coughed so hard a few days ago with this bronchitis I have pulled a chest and back muscle on my right side, so that adds to the fun.

QOTD: I run into the teens in the snow without face protection, but wear a warm hat.

Daydreamer1

Crawled out of bed early.  Spent some time on the trainer and elliptical.  Now I'm at work. Working over a hundred hours in the next week. It's PA farm show time and we provide the medical coverage.  I hate crowds, but for some reason I love doing this. Up to 50, 000 people a day will come through here. So if your In Pa stop by and pick up a trout sandwich and bacon bundle.

QOTD:  I have a balaclava I'll use.  Most of the time I just wear a hooded bicycling jersey. Paired with a good hat that's enough for the upper teens.

Sandy-2

To catch up, I did 9 yesterday and 0 today.

qotd (yesterday): knock-on-wood, no illnesses lately.  I lost a few pounds while in Korea, but that's because I can't cook and I've been starving.  Since I've been back home these two + weeks, I'm back to "normal".

qotd (today): I also have a couple of Buffs from races, but I hate anything on my face while running.  I sometimes zip up my collar to cover my neck, but it has to be really cold for that.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL