Trailer Trash

Sloppy Sundailies (Read 23 times)

I got up early and played my newest stick dulcimer for a while waiting for daylight to go run in the pouring rain.  The pooch and I managed a soupy sloppy 4 miles of muddy single track trail and fire road.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Sloppy, indeed.  Yesterday, I went to the climbing gym with friends and that was fun.   It was the perfect morning for a run, but still have to hold off.  Hoping I get the 'all clear' tomorrow at the docs.  I have to keep reminding myself that letting it heal correctly will pay off when I'm 70.

qotd:  Try any new (and good) recipes lately?   I made some fish (tilapia) tacos last week.  The fish was broiled, not fried, and they turned out pretty good.  I could eat tacos every day if left to my own devices, but I need some inspiration here!

Occasional Runner

Nothing today. After my mileage from yesterday, I'm at 449 miles for the month. I'm going to try to run tomorrow morning and see how everything feels after posting 130 at the race this weekend. Zion 100 coming up on Friday!

QOTD: Not really. We've pretty much settled on our regular routine in the kitchen.

muppy

Plan on six rainy 40° miles after work.

QOTD It's not really a recipe but I made some chicken salad. I cut up an apple, green grapes,cranberry raisins. I also throw in a handful of (I think Planters makes it)  a nut mix with a bunch of different dried fruits.  it's really quite tasty!

(So as not to start the great mayonnaise versus miracle whip debate I won't say which one to use!) 

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

Congrats Lace! Way to go...and go and go!

Heading out for 3 on snowy trails today. Yesterday I mistakenly tried running in my five fingers....too much snow and my feet got cold in a hurry. Today will be winter footwear and my spikes.  It is supposed to be 50 today... wool hooo! 62 tomorrow...then back to the 40's. Jealous of everyone's rain!

Qotd: I am exploring an oriental pulled pork recipe. I like to look at a lot of recipes and kind of combine what I like into my own recipe.  I am also looking for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe that makes really thick gormet cookies. I welcome any suggestions.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

Congratulations Kelly, just saw your race results on yesterday's post, that's simply amazing!

Birdwell

SRD for me.

QOTD: nothing comes to mind. It's been pretty boring in our kitchen lately.

Chnaiur

Congrats Lace - amazing results! Does it feel differently to run 100 miles in 16 hours compared to 24 hours, or is it just shorter?

Slep horribly and will skip running in favor of a trip to the climbing gym with the 5-year-old.

QOTD: I've done lots of new stuff this year:

* Anything slowcooked: ribs, pulled pork, chili

* Today I made breakfast burritos with my own tortillas. The tortillas are really easy to make and taste much better than store-make ones.

* I've been dabbling with bread as well. Finally two weeks ago figured out a recipe that I like. The key is to start a poolish the night before. That way you don't have to add sweetness for the bread to rise.

* Last weekend I made Apple-chili chutney that turned out real well

* "Vietnamese" lettuce rolls. Basically Tacos with beef or shrimp, but with lettuce instead of tortillas

* Using more unusual cuts of meat: hanger, chuck roast, etc. They are 1/3 of the price and taste better if you just know how to cook them.

* French toast for the kids in the morning.

* Another dessert that worked out well: almond-cinnamon-paste-stuffed apples, broiled in the oven until soft, served with vanilla icecream

Long list... you hit on a passion of mine :-)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Daydreamer1

SRD due to being at work for 16 fun filled hours. I did get out yesterday for 11 miles in the rain. I was running along the top of the mountain and the clouds were so thick that I could only see 25-30 feet at times. Still it was a good run.

QOTD: Haven't had the time recently to experiment with anything. I am thinking about trying to make my own mayonnaise so maybe i'll try that this week.

QOTD: Always new stuff.  Too much to list.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

I'm going to try to run tomorrow morning and see how everything feels after posting 130 at the race this weekend. 

Congrats !!!!!

tbd.

Occasional Runner

Congrats Lace - amazing results! Does it feel differently to run 100 miles in 16 hours compared to 24 hours, or is it just shorter?

It's like compressing and packaging the pain and intensity into a smaller box.

Chnaiur

It's like compressing and packaging the pain and intensity into a smaller box.

Haha that makes sense.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

The 13.1 went well today. Conditions could have been better.... rainy and windy almost the whole time. Temperature wasn't too bad though.

I ended up PR'ing with a 1:48:14. I was pretty happy with it considering the conditions. I also remembered why I don't run half marathons that much. They are pretty damn hard when you're giving it 100%.

QOTD: I don't really cook. My fiance is always trying out new stuff in the kitchen though.

Sandy-2

Hey, my earlier post disappeared.  Oh well.

I did 10 this morning.  Nice weather and relatively low humidity for around here.  But I was still taking it easy.

qotd: I got nothin'.

tbd.