Trailer Trash

The answer is blowing in the THURSDAILY (Read 18 times)

Sandy-2

Got up and did 6 mi this morning.  Great running weather, cool and crisp. Tee shirt and gloves.

qotd: the last few hours running along the mountain ridges at Grindstone last October were really hairy.  I really thought a tree or large branch was going to clobber me. Once off the ridge and in the lee of the mountain you could still hear the wind whipping through the trees.

tbd.

qotd: mountain races frequently have wind to deal with at least on some sections; NH might recall this as well, but on the Beaverhead 55k they had a 5-ish mile section off trail, very difficult terrain to say the least, but I also hit in just as a mountain storm hit- very stiff winds with a mix of snow, sleet and rain- a memorable moment 

Oh joy.  Can't wait. Heard the Beaverhead pre-race instructions/briefing include warnings about what to do when lightning strikes.

5 miles today.

Qotd: I recall the CIM monsoon that Queen mentioned.  Have been up on some windy ridges for trail races but no one race stands out.

MTA: had to fix spelling of lightning. That's how little I know about it.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR