Trailer Trash

Fall Fridaily (Read 19 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning just walked the dogs in the rain...not sleeping well makes it hard to get up in the dark and rain.  I walked the dogs for like 25 minutes so I should have jus run and got in 2 miles...may run them at lunch or after work...but Jamie would probably be right in predicting that I will not.

Our colors are pretty good right now...hoping to get to Michigan next week before they drop.  My sister says that are awesome right now.

QOTD:  Nope..Nope..Never been into the dressing up since being an adult.  Our road is too dangerous for Trick or Treaters and they would only hit maybe 8 houses after a mile.  I actually miss handing out and see the kids.

DC:  Nice sighting.

Xtreme:  You have never been curmudgeon that I am aware of!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  Nope..Nope..Never been into the dressing up since being an adult.  Our road is too dangerous for Trick or Treaters and they would only hit maybe 8 houses after a mile.  I actually miss handing out and see the kids.

Xtreme:  You have never been curmudgeon that I am aware of!!

I haven't grown up yet!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed. Feeling like I should have stayed there for several more hours but I really need to sleep tonight and tomorrow night so I feel like running long Sunday.  Going to head out for a short run, probably about 5 miles.

QOTD:  Never dress up, although I tried to once at work. Long story but it was as the grim reaper . Boss didn't think that it was a good idea to show up at someone's house and climb out of the ambulance with that on .

Otherwise I'm in the category of those that don't really do anything for Halloween. Since I live way out in the country mostly surrounded by Mennonite families we never get any trick or treaters. If I were going to dress up it would be either as the before mentioned grim reaper or as a hobo.  A hobo costume won me first prize in my school parade when I was in 5th grade.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Labor Day? Do you mean Memorial Day?

Whoops- Memorial Day 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Boy, a couple of you are real party poopers. It's Halloween! Have a little fun with it. We have never done much decorating but I enjoy seeing how some people do the full treatment to their homes and yards. Used to wear a mask or something when I would take my daughter around when she was little and also wore a mask when greeting the hooligans at the door. Our neighborhood has aged out so we don't get a whole lot these days but I still buy tons of Milky Way's and and other good stuff. 

Sure not seeing much healing progress at all with the achilles. I know it's a very slow healer but I still want to have some encouragement. My elliptical kind of died a short time ago and since that's about all I can do these days I just received a new one from Amazon. So I am doing some easier type workouts with that.  BTW--I like Amazon.

Staying home this weekend to take care of home stuff I have been ignoring for 2 months. Maybe do a couple long hikes.

QOTD-see above

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

NH - sorry to hear that    here's hoping the recovery speeds up a bit!

Amazon is a little like Walmart to me, for some reason I don't like them, but I sure shop at both and both save me $. I probably save 20% or more buying my groceries there over our three other stores. I tried on some hunting boots the other day in town and found a pair that would work AND fit, almost bought them on the spot, but didn't. Searched the web and found them on Amazon for $70 less (and no shipping costs). I would love to buy local, but not a substantial cost increase.   In this case over 30% more. 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

SRD today, intervals yesterday, LR tomorrow.

Anyone here around Missoula MT or Salmon ID?  Some friends are considering doing Beaverhead 55k in ID then the Missoula Marathon the next day. In July 2017.  Good idea?

QOTD: Yeah, buncha party poopers here!  DH and I are going to a Halloween party tomorrow. I'll be dressed as a witch, DH will go as Don Ho. We haven't quite gotten around to coordinating our costumes yet.  Monday is not a great day for the holiday but what can you do.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Anyone here around Missoula MT or Salmon ID?  Some friends are considering doing Beaverhead 55k in ID then the Missoula Marathon the next day. In July 2017.  Good idea?

QOTD: Yeah, buncha party poopers here!  DH and I are going to a Halloween party tomorrow. I'll be dressed as a witch, DH will go as Don Ho. We haven't quite gotten around to coordinating our costumes yet.  Monday is not a great day for the holiday but what can you do.

Glad I'm not the only one dressing up.

Sugnim used to post here and I think she was from Missoula. Not sure if Warden sees her at any races anymore.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Gatsby- I ran the Beaverhead with NH two years ago- one of the prettiest races I have ever done- the race stays high on the Continental Divide straddling Montana and Idaho.  There is a really (really) technical off trail section that stays on the divide (while the actual CDT trail bails off) that I think caught a lot of folks off guard.  I highly recommend this race for anyone looking for a really good mountain race.

I don't do any road races, but the Missoula Marathon is very highly rated nationwide.

The Beaverhead is not your typical 50 (or 55 ) k race- it's pretty darn grueling; I know that I would have to have a loaded pistol to my head to even consider running a marathon the next day, but that's exactly the thing a lot of folks like to do 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √