Trailer Trash

Saturdaily (Read 30 times)

dpc3

Jon if you drive through Albuquerque let me know I'll take you out on some local trails as you head out to AZ. Can't beat Flagstaff or Payson areas!

We're still about a year out from a move, so it won't happen soon. We've only driven through; GC and Flagstaff, so we're planning a trip this fall to check out Phoenix and surrounding areas. It'll be a big move for us, but I'm ready to get the hell out of the northeast-it's not where I want to spend the second half of my life.

Wc: nice miles! That's my favorite way to spend a Saturday; early LR, shower, eat and nap.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

We're still about a year out from a move, so it won't happen soon. We've only driven through; GC and Flagstaff, so we're planning a trip this fall to check out Phoenix and surrounding areas. It'll be a big move for us, but I'm ready to get the hell out of the northeast-it's not where I want to spend the second half of my life.

Wc: nice miles! That's my favorite way to spend a Saturday; early LR, shower, eat and nap.

This winter has me thinking I don't want to spend the rest of my semi-retirement in PA. I've looked at AZ but I'm concerned about heat and the desert environs. I don't do well in the heat and humidity we get here in the summer. Not sure how different it would be in AZ. I've never trained or raced in those conditions.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Birdwell

The thing you hear often in phoenix is that it's a "dry heat".

Yes it gets oven hot, but the humidity is pretty low (as long as you don't live by a golf course)

the heat gets tolerable after a while. Beside everywhere you want to go (except outside) is air conditioned.

There are some bad stretches in the summer when the low temps will be in the high 90's, but more often than not it will cool down to the 80's or 70's over night. Early morning runs can be pretty nice.

The further you get away from the city centers the cooler it gets.

The key thing to remember: in the summer, the prime parking spots aren't always close to the buildings, they're the ones under the shade.