Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 16 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 3 on the road this morning. Knee was a bit sore but no sharp pain.

QOTD: anyone run with any braces or supports (for running or other sports)? Ortho had me get a knee brace to run, and I couldn't do it. Felt too funny and caused some sore spots in part of knee that didn't hurt before, so took it off.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

AT - nice to see you running again, just be sure to take it nice and easy

got a nice 3-ish miles in with Tiny E early. our heat wave continues; I've never seen one last this long- closing in on 4 weeks. thankfully there is reprieve in the morning hours (59 this morning). the long range forecast looks dismal- well above average for the next 10 days and beyond

qotd: I haven't, closest (which isn't close) were compression socks

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

I've decided this evening will be a jog/hike day, so 4-6 planned with the Lady on the trails after work. Cooler today. We had another good dousing of rain last night just after I finished mowing which interfered with my back deck hangout time. Damn grass won't stop growing this summer. It's been on the wet side.

QOTD: I've used the soft compression braces before if that is what you are talking about. Don't really care for them while running since I sweat so much. I refer to it as the knee pantie. I do wear It while playing golf right now. I can use it as an excuse for my lame tee shots.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jonferg67

Endless trails

AT: Good for you, getting right back out there after a set-back.

I can't call what I did this morning as a run, I had very little

energy and I don't know why. For trails right out the back

door I have about a 300' climb to get to the runnable section.

This morning I stood on the rocks looking up and just did

not feel it! I jogged a little and went down to the creek, but

otherwise I'll just call it a hike.

QOTD: I haven't run in a brace or support, but have used them

as injury treatment. I can't stand anything like on my legs, feels too restrictive.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A nice 6 this morning.  Temps were nice.  I envisioned my morning beach runs coming up next week...

AT - take it easy.

Jon - been there done that.  Some days you just need take a break.  I imagine your hike was peaceful.

QOTD: I wear an IT band strap but not for it's intended purpose.  I don't wear it for IT issues, I wear it to keep the patella tendons from flaring up.  I wear one on my left leg.  I really need a new one though as my current one is falling apart.  I also wear OTC orthotics.  I use Superfeet.  They work well and fit really well in Hokas.   In years past I wore a full knee brace (well more of a neoprene knee sleeve) when my knee hurt.  It sucks to try and run in one of those.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Looking at doing either a run and meeting DW to finish with a walk or going for a bike ride. Not sure yet. Leaning towards the run. Probably about 6-7 miles. Not really motivated for some reason. Probably because while the temps dropped and it's real nice it's now dank and cloudy.   At the same time this is a good time to suit up and week wack all the poison that is taking over my property.

QOTD: With my history of ankle injuries I've used them a lot. I have everything from just sleeves to sleeves with elastic straps to the lace up ones.  Right now I'm having a lot of pain in the area of the foot just below the ankle. I'm quite sure if I dug out one of the basic sleeves and ran with that it would help stabilize the tendons and reduce the pain.

Haven't run with a brace for awhile. The last race that I did with one was last years Boulder Beast. At about 25 miles I started with some chafing.  I think I used one a few times this spring on longer trail runs.  I don't like them but if it's the difference between running or not running I'll use one. Sometimes I should use them more then I do.

FWIW - There was a young guy at Montour on Saturday that I noticed was walking the course and was wearing full length running tights which seemed odd at first glance considering how warm it was. After I passed him several times I realized that he had a knee brace on and this was one with the metal and everything.  Sometimes he was going rather slow but he kept moving.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My running partner bailed on me this morning..was just glad I looked at the phone before leaving so I was aware.  Me and the boys ran 5.3 this morning. Gym at lunch..

QOTD:  umm I wear a support device  a jogging bra! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I climb 500 feet in my first mile (well until I discovered a side trail but it's still at a climb first thing out of bed) so I get it!  I often lay in bed and think about that f%cking hill and get discouraged.  It would be nice to begin with a mile down hill but then I would worry about that final mile climb to home. 

I can't call what I did this morning as a run, I had very little

energy and I don't know why. For trails right out the back

door I have about a 300' climb to get to the runnable section.

This morning I stood on the rocks looking up and just did

not feel it! I jogged a little and went down to the creek, but

otherwise I'll just call it a hike.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - take it easy.

Don't worry,  I am taking it easy. 5.5 miles in 2 runs so far. Not doing any back to back days and no hills. Very easy pace today, probably 10:15 average.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

runtraildc, sorry to hear about your FIL, nice that it was peaceful.

My trip to CO, is going great. Doing lots of running and 4 wheeling. Camping out on the trail where I meet the riders. They are doing great, taking a zero day today at Little Molas Lake and I drove them into Silverton.

Can't put up photos, I used to use photobucket to post photos here, but it doesn't work for me anymore. How do you post photos here?

qotd: no braces. Had a high school coach who said "if you need a brace you shouldn't be running", I guess that's good advice for, kids that is....

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I hope Photobucket dies a slow agonizing death- without any warning they disabled millions of photos on forums (I had been using them for over 10 years posting on a variety of forums) and are holding them hostage at the tune of $400 a year!!!!

I've since switched to imgur- easier to use, no obnoxious ads and it's free

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I post them on facebook then just cut and paste into here.  Of course that only works on my computer but not my ipad.

Can't put up photos, I used to use photobucket to post photos here, but it doesn't work for me anymore. How do you post photos here?

NHLA

5 miles.  Photo bucket trying to screw me to. Thanks warden I will have to change.

X trem let me know if you are coming to Asheville.

Qotd  nope.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.1 today. Attempted a fast finish pushing the last half mile except it wasn't really very fast.

qotd: a few times I've worn an ankle or knee wrap for minor injuries but otherwise nothing.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

I ran 5 Tuesday morning. Then, I spent the rest of the day back-to-school shopping. I'm not broke, but I'm damned near it. I spent a bunch of money on shoes.

I don't even try to post pictures here.

QOTD: I have never used anything.

LB2