Trailer Trash

Balmy weekenddailies (Read 18 times)

Daydreamer1

Why balmy? Well the temps today and tomorrow are supposed to be very close to normal for the area. Still not really comfortable though because the humidity is up.

Planning on heading out in a little bit for 6-8 miles. It all depends on how I feel and if any thunderstorms hit.

QOTD: What's the weather been like this year in your area. I know there have been many references to the heat recently but I'm looking at since the beginning of the year. Just because you may be complaining whining about the heat (like me) doesn't mean it's been hotter than usual in your area. So how does this year stack up against average.

For my immediate area we are running 1.85 degrees per month above long term average since January 1st. January was right on average but since then it's been warmer than average.  Not sure that we set any records but the heat has just been slightly elevated all the time. For rainfall we are showing -5.63 inches for the year. For some reason it seems drier than that, maybe because it's been hotter. The one thing that I'm not sure how to track is the humidity, which I think is up quite a bit this year, especially over the past month or two.  Quite honestly I think I ran in more miserable conditions two summers ago.

AT-runner

Tim

Got a long run in this morning. Was out pretty early and humidity was off he charts. As temperature rose it felt like the same temperature the whole time because the humidity dropped a bit. Was just to the point where I was walking more uphill sections than I planned and then some rain fell. It was like unicorn tears. Cooled me off a bit and I found my second wind. All in all over 4 hours with DW. Mileage just over 20.  I'm over 200 for the month, so playing golf tomorrow and skipping my Sunday run.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

QOTD:  Pretty much the same as Dd1 (and Jamie, Muppy, FTYC, Keystone etc.).  We might be a bit higher in temps. The waether dude said our overnight lows are running much higher than average, and I would agree with that since early morning runs have not felt as cool as usual. We've had some big storms roll through (like one right now) so we are only a bit below normal rainfall. Go 5 miles away and they're 10" below average. The mountains really split up some of these storms, so it's been hit or miss.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Got in a miserable 3.5 miles this morning with the group (they all ran further).  I'd like to blame my lack of summer running, and thus my acclimation to heat and humidity, as my problem and not a significant decline in fitness.  We shall see. Little DS and I are heading to NH and Maine for 10 days in the morning.  Hopefully, the cooler weather will help get me back on track.  My 5 yo niece and nephew want to run a 1k kids race in a week. I promised I would help them train .  Let's hope they don't run me into the ground.  I'll also get her chubby Brittany/Springer out for a few miles, too.

qotd: Like the PA folks-- overall warmer than usual. My peppers are not setting fruit, which I've been told is a sign that it is not cool enough at night (need below 75). ON a good note, I can see melons on my vines.

LB2

I actually ran this morning, first time in a week. I went for 3 easy ones but turned it into a 4.5 progression run. I just pushed to "comfortably hard" and held it there, pushing a little bit within that range. The dew point was probably in the 70's, which is considered "oppressive". But, it actually felt pretty good out there.

QOTD: I don't know that it has been any worse than it normally is, but in SE Louisiana/SW Mississippi, it is always bad, real bad. However, I have dealt with a lot more chaffing/heat rash issues this year than I have in the past. And I have not run long (10+ miles) in quite some time. I took a week off just because I was sick of running in the heat. I have decided to wait and push the mileage up after Labor Day.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 14-ish mile run in early to beat the heat (supposed to see 97 today ), started at around 6:30 and was a comfortable 60 degrees, warmed into the low 70's by the time I was done- still pretty comfortable

qotd: Hell I don't mind whining and complaining about the heat!   Much warmer than normal here (starting in January)- we've had a couple of stretches of below normal temps, but many (many) more above normal.  We set several record highs in June, fortunately early to mid-July was near normal, from mid-July we've been above normal and don't see a break in that trend for awhile.  Our fire danger is quickly ramping up and currently have several fires going around the state.  I'd rather run in the teens than the 80's- forget about 90's and above.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

This morning met up with my partner in crime and the Lady joined us as well for 2.5 hours, maybe 12-12.5 miles at French Creek. A total sweatfest of a morning but hey it's late July and it does get humid this time of year. Shorts were drenched swimming style a few miles in but hey it is July. Deer flies were only biting badly in a few places. Decent run and time went by quickly. We had several water stops for the Lady.

QOTD:  Pretty typical I suppose... it's summer.. it gets hot and humid. After a few weeks of little to no rain we've moved into a more wet pattern with several decent rains this week. Before you know it summer will be gone so heat, humidity, I ain't a complaining. My guess as to local conditions this year.. average temps, slightly below on rainfall.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

7.2 shirtless miles on the rail trail last night, I guess I'm  getting old when I don't give a shit people think about me!

QOTD  Like the rest of the Pennsylvania peeps, hot and humid. Probably a little warmer than normal but it's what's expected for summer .

Sandy-2

Did 10 mi this morning. It was only slightly better today because the was a zephyr of a breeze in my face on the way out. But on the way back, it was a stagnant bubble of air. It was abt 88 at 6am and about 90% humidity. Just took it slow and steady.

qotd: The rainy season seems to have taken a break, hazy sun with high humidity is what we have now. It feels a lot like TX here at the moment.

I think because I'm ramping up the mileage after a down period at the same time that the temps/humidity have spiked, it's affecting me a lot.  I have lost a few pounds over the last 2 weeks, so that's a good thing.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 13 shitty miles yesterday, was up early but it was hot.  Since I had the two dogs I couldn't get into a flow to help me get it done.  My toe still hurts so I try to orotect it but that makes running awkward and now my heel is bugging me... I need 15 more mikes to reach my weekly goal but Got a headache so maybe a little something later, or not.  Tomorrow is another Monday so new beginnings. 

Qotd: We had no snow this winter and more rain than last year.  Summer seemed coolervxceptvfor this last week and one other.  We have a lot of dying pines from kack of water and than bark beetles take over.  No fires here yet but the OM is ready to move...maybe So Oregon

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

9 miles sat Thifty Cove trail and 6 miles today on Wolf Mt,

qotd  much hotter this year. 10 days in a row over 90. We used to get three or four days over 90 a year!

We are 5" behind on rain so far this year. The apples are going to be small this year. This is apple country. There are several wild apple trees on my route so I don't need to haul water.

Daydreamer1

Ended up not running yesterday which was stupid. Started working on a new bike build up then it started to rain with some thunder so that was my lame excuse. Today the heat has returned and the humidity was really bad. Ended up with 6.3 miles and walked a lot of that. The humidity made it difficult to breathe .

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7.2 this morning.  Nothing special.  Now on to August where I hope to change things up and hit the gym again.  I took some time off from the gym.

Queen - you really like those Mike's - huh? 

QOTD: what they said....

Have a great evening!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queen - you really like those Mike's - huh? 

It's the ipad...the print is so little and too much of a hassle to fix and yes ummm the old man is Mike so it diesn't really hurt to do a lot of Mikes 😳

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄