Trailer Trash

Wet and Wild Wednesday (Read 18 times)

LB2

I ran an easy 2 this morning. I have about a 6 day streak going. Rain has been blasting us every afternoon lately, torrential downpours. I'm lucky to be getting anything done in the realm of running.

QOTD: Are you watching the Olympics?

Yes, but I am only marginally interested in sports other than running.

LB2

XtremeTaper

7 miles for me last night at Warwick Park, 3 miles warmup, 5k trail race, 1 mile cool down. The Lady joined me at the race for warmup and cool down miles. A bit slower last night than previous races in this series.. about 20 seconds than race in June. I sort of knew as the lead runners gapped me early on and I just did not have the gas or mental push to keep up. I may have slipped into tempo pace a bit, but did have one guy to chase and caught him in the meadow/cross country section and managed to finish 5th in 23:54 or so. Tonight, 7 or 8 miles on the trails after work... trail TBD.

QOTD: Yes, mostly the swimming but I caught the bike road races over the weekend and those were crazy finishes especially the harrowing descent near the end. Looking forward to the track... 400 on up are my favorites. I think the 800 and 1500 are the most fun to watch. Swimming free style relays are good too.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rest day today...much needed.

QOTD: A little bit.  It's fun to watch these young athletes give everything they have.  The swimming has been fun to watch.  I would love to be able to glide through the water like they do.  I look forward to the T&F as well.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dpc3

Slow and easy 4 with young pup in a light rain. School starts back tomorrow and it's almost time to break out the ol headlamp for morning runs again.

QOTD: Yes my kids are interested and I would say I am a causal observer. I don't get into them though.

AT-runner

Tim

Trying to talk myself out of a hot humid slogfest over lunch.  We'll see if I'm successful.

QOTD: Hell yea.  Streaming at the office and watching live at night.  Hali Flickinger (a girl I used to coach against) qualified for finals in 200 fly tonight, so will be watching her closely. She was always a great kid, and she's getting a lot of local support. The archery has been fun to watch. When they show the TV angle from behind, you really see how far above and to the side they have to aim to fight the distance and the wind.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Hill repeats are hard OR someone snuck in last night and beat my legs with a small bat 

A nice easy 5-ish miles after work (still in heat reprieve w/ a forecast high of 75)

qotd: I haven't, but still might get to catch some- never been too big on the Olympics- the few venues I'd be interested in get no coverage Summer or Winter

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5.2 this morning...Jack was dragging a bit.  Could have been the 11 miles yesterday but when I asked him he really didn't want to talk about it.  Seems I am the only one that says anything in my morning running group and even that isn't much.   So with so little talk it made me think of the QOTD yesterday.  Funny how the majority of us have no credit card debt.  I related it to our love of the outdoors and maybe because of it we do not need stuff to make us happy.   well except for the running shit we buy.  May run with the other  group later.

QOTD:  No, no TV but I did see pictures on FB of the swimmers/divers with their scores covering their tiny swimsuit making it appear as if they were naked.  I enjoyed that.  Would like to watch some track but have to go to a bar to do that.  Hmmmm

Xtreme:  5th not so shabby!

AT:  Didn't know we could stream them...hmmm their goes my day. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Like what?

qotd: I haven't, but still might get to catch some- never been too big on the Olympics- the few venues I'd be interested in get no coverage Summer or Winter

muppy

14.5 miles  up-and-down some mountains on the rocky  Appalachian Trail.  It was a really good leg workout with all that climbing, I should do it more often.

Xtreme,  Nice job on the race!

QOTD  i'm starting to get into the Olympics a little more now, I'm actually watching him right now because I have no motivation to work on fixing up my house.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Like what?

Summer- some of the shooting sports, long distance 10,000m and marathon; winter- cross country skiing, biathlon

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My first thoughts were biathlon and other shooting type sports. 

Summer- some of the shooting sports, long distance 10,000m and marathon; winter- cross country skiing, biathlon

NHLA

8 miles in Champion Hills. Named champion hills because Jack Dempsey trained running these hills. I don't know why but I know these hills wear out all sides of your legs. Saw five nice turkeys.

qotd  yes. Loved the stare down at the pool.

Gator eye

Ten solo this morning, Mr Jangles stayed in the A/C way to hot and stuffy for him.

QOTD: when do the Olympic's start? I love a good basketball game.

Daydreamer1

How is it possible to get a sinus infection or ear infection in the middle of summer . It should be illegal for the germs to circulate this time of the year . Maybe it's just the effects of the A/C sometimes that will bother me.  Got too much crap going on in my life right now to even get in a decent run. Maybe 4-6 miles later this evening if I feel better.

QOTD: Been following them on the internet but haven't had time to watch them.

Sandy-2

A 6 mi beat down this morning. It was a slugfest, about 80 deg and 90% humidity.  With absolutely no wind. I stayed on the path along the water and the beach, to see if the cool water would help - it didn't.  I did go up and down the smaller Delmagi hill, good training but again, brutal.

qotd: We watched a bit of the Archery last night and some swimming.  We just watch with the sound turned down.  Our Slingbox / Chromecast setup we have to watch US TV wasn't working so well (a lot of buffering), so we just watched the Korean coverage. Hope it is Ok once the T&F start.  BTW, can't watch on-line due to restrictions here.

tbd.