Trailer Trash

Snowy Sundalies (Read 19 times)

Daydreamer1

Should have named this "Where is everyone Sundalies".  Must all be out running in the wind and snow! That's what we have around here. It's cold, windy and we had just under a inch of snow this morning.  After putting on about 28 hilly miles the past two days my legs are tired so I'll probably just put in a few miles on the treadmill and then some time either on the elliptical or trainer.

QOTD: I'll go with two easy ones.  Are you being affected by this cold snap in your area, and what's for dinner today?

As stated above, we have wind and cold.  For Supper DW has some scalloped potatoes in a cheese sauce in the crockpot and will be making some ham balls.

NHLA

16 miles yesterday Art Lobe Trail. 6 miles today Eagle Rock.

qotd we were lucky it didn't freeze last night because it could have messed up the apple crop.

Shrimp and andouille sausage stew.

Daydreamer1

qotd we were lucky it didn't freeze last night because it could have messed up the apple crop.

I haven't been by any of the orchards in my area, but there were enough other trees budding that I'm concerned about the apple and peaches up here.

Keep Going

Should have named this "Where is everyone Sundalies".  Must all be out running in the wind and snow! That's what we have around here. It's cold, windy and we had just under a inch of snow this morning.  After putting on about 28 hilly miles the past two days my legs are tired so I'll probably just put in a few miles on the treadmill and then some time either on the elliptical or trainer.

QOTD: I'll go with two easy ones.  Are you being affected by this cold snap in your area, and what's for dinner today?

As stated above, we have wind and cold.  For Supper DW has some scalloped potatoes in a cheese sauce in the crockpot and will be making some ham balls.

4.7 taper miles on the bike path in the wind but sun.

Sounds like a good dinner!! What time should i be there? 

I think I'm doing breakfast dinner since the wife went out with friends...sigh..

100 milers are my favorite

Sandy-2

Plan to do about 5 mi after work today (Mon).

qotd:

I think I'm doing breakfast dinner since the wife went out with friends...sigh..

Not cold here, perhaps you saw the cherry blossom pic I put up yesterday, it kinda looks like snow though.

When the kids were little whenever we had breakfast for dinner our son called it a "banjo dinner", who knows why.  Funny thing, we had a "banjo dinner" last night - first time in a long time, scrambled eggs w/ cheese, toast and some fruit.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NorthernHarrier

Strangest weather for here....I'm in Presque Isle, Wi which is at the top of the state and 250 miles from home around Madison. It is 24F here and 72F in Madison. Essentially a 50 degree difference!  Never, ever seen that kind of extreme. But yeah Daydreamer, the weather here yesterday was brutal with mini little blizzard type snow squalls blowing thru all day, cold temps, and high winds. I spent the entire day from 5 a.m. until 8 p.m. outside doing the maple syrup gig starting and finishing by headlamp. Long day in the tough conditions. Took a hot shower and almost fell asleep on my feet as I basked in the hot spray.

Skipped my run yesterday because of the weather but got in 5.5 trail miles today trudging thru fresh snow.

QOTD--yes and probably some leftovers as I'll head home late morning tomorrow and need to get rid of things.

runtraildc

Left New Hampshire at dawn, trees and fields all covered in snow and came back to plum blossoms, and daffodils.  No run for me today.

qotd:  I'm worried about the plum tree-- it's just starting to bloom and a hard freeze might happen tomorrow night when the front moves in.  It should be fine, I think.   And dinner?  We met DH at our favorite Pho place, as he was coming back from the bay from a day of kiting.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 11-ish mile run in, lots of ups and downs

qotd: I really wish it was, we got into the mid 60's today with warmer yet in the forecast- this doesn't bide well for us at all 

grilling ribeyes, macaroni salad, beans and cold Lost Peak Lagers 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had a great run on one of my favorite trails for 10 miles.  The trail runs high over the Yuba River which is flowing pretty good right now.  It was sunny and a nice breeze was blowing in the canyon.  My sound track was the rush of the river.  Stop to watch the KAyakers... Looked fun.  Today.. That's what it is all about and I am not talking about the hookey pokey. 

Qotd:  No it was perfect.  Salmon burgers with a spinach, balsamic, and strawberry salad.  And wine of course.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄