Trailer Trash

Fun Friday (Read 13 times)

runtraildc

Hope folks are having a good lead up to the long holiday weekend!  Slogged 4 miles in rock creek this morning. My favorite route seemed more uphill than usual, then I was passed by two  pro road runners on a flatter, but still difficult section.  Actually, passed is incorrect-- blew by at an astounding pace, then they disappeared. And it was a slick muddy day out there.  I'm assuming pro or semi-pro. These guys did not look like the average runner out there. I'm impressed they take the time to train on trails.

qotd: What's something you think you are better at doing than others?  Hmm, baking. especially cookies. The molasses ginger cookies I made the other day (no too sweet, chewy centers, crispy edges) disappeared within 12 hours. I guess it helps to have two teen aged boys around.

AT-runner

Tim

19 miles down 3:52. They are starting to cut the fuckin grass. My eyes will be a mess. Argh. Windy but nice temperature. Lou Maza is here doing 48 hour also (LouinPA from RWOL).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Today is an SRD. I am going to do a little walk after work with a friend of mine I haven't seen for awhile. I don't think he is doing very well despite just getting back from somewhere that was supposed to help.

QOTD: Worrying. I am really, really good at worrying.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Nice going, AT! Looking forward to further updates from you if you feel like posting!

I ran 4.8 miles last night.  It was a slog.  They really need to mow the trails I was on.

QOTD: I'm pretty good at getting the lids off of jars when they're stuck.  I also like to think I'm a fairly good baker.  I'd definitely eat your molasses ginger cookies, runtrail!

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Nice start to your adventure, AT.

LB2: Not to guess about your friend, but these things do take time.

SRD for me today. Signed up for  another local HM next weekend, a

trail HM that looks just as challenging as Bear Mt.

QOTD: Based on my current work environment, I'm good at possessing

emotional intelligence.

LB2

LB2: Not to guess about your friend, but these things do take time.

I know. I am just worried about his commitment to do what he knows he needs to do, or in his case, not doing what he knows he can't be doing.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

6.4 miles up, down, and around Mt Joy while hoping all the storm clouds didn't become thunderclouds or rain clouds.

qotd: recovery at the bookstore. I have a knack for spotting a book that's out of place just walking up and down the aisles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NHLA

4 miles around the mountain.

Qotd  swimming.

4.1 today, aiming for 12-13 tomorrow.

QOTD: I kick ass at unjamming copiers.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV