Trailer Trash

2013 100-milers -- please un-sticky! (Read 481 times)

xor

>> SRL....startup a calendar thread and we will populate it.  Smile

It already exists one click away.

>> SRL....startup a calendar thread and we will populate it.  Smile

It already exists one click away.

That's the one I was talking about!

xor

Si.  I was backing you up :-)  (I just made it clickable)

Suggestion: the world is lousy with calendars.... "lousy" as in "there are tons", not "it is a bad thing".  I know this dude who spends way way way too much time maintaining calendars.  Anyhoo, whatever you decide, you might add links to other calendars in the first post of each calendar.

For example...

"This calendar is specifically to track 100s for those of us really really into 100s.  For a list of RA folks participating in other ultras go here (link) and for folks participating in trail races of various distances go here (link)."

And something similar at the top of the ultra calendar in the other group.  Well, the other other group.  Not THAT other group.

Shoot, you could also link something like the ultrarunning.com calendar and/or Stan's stuff (for this 100 calendar, at least) and/or the silly calendar that some dude maintains filled with all kinds of bullshit.

Occasional Runner

I suggested having this calendar because I think these are the most exciting and significant races to follow. This comment doesn't negate the trail 10k that somebody is working hard to finish, but I'm not likely to fly across the country to run it or spend my day following the race online.Trail 100's and the runners that participate in them are the minority, so this little calendar should barely be a blip on the radar. Hardly worthy of controversy. If people are somehow offended or angered, we can get rid of it and lump all our races into somebody else's calendar.

Assimilation on RA has been a difficult course to navigate for some reason.

LB2

You can confirm me for Cajun Coyote (December 7, 2013, a day that will live in infamy...).

LB2

You can confirm me for Cajun Coyote (December 7, 2013, a day that will live in infamy...).

How about Pinhoti?

Scrapster

April 6 Potowatomi*

September 6 Superior Sawtooth

*I haven't decided if I am 100M crazy or 150M crazy.  The peer pressure is daunting.

bkrell

Well I finally decided to peak over here since the already dead ultra forum got dead-er after the cool kids left.  I was on the list over there for Arkansas Traveller.  Add an ill-fated, last minute Rocky Raccoon for me...

Add an ill-fated, last minute Rocky Raccoon for me...

Woo hoo!  See you in just over three weeks.  (Yikes -- it's getting real!)  And so glad you made it over here.

BH Slogger

I have 'chickened-out' of Bighorns.

I AM registered for the Black Hills 100!

Sorry to add confusion to the calendar Undecided

Sandy-2

Hi EDRW, please add me to the Leadville crowd.  Thanks.

Now where is that shorter run calendar...    Big grin

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

How about Pinhoti?

I doubt it. I may go back over and do the Mt. Cheaha 50K, which is on the course. I just lost interest in the race, somewhere around mile 36 (LOL). But seriously, I am just no longer interested in that particular race. I would do something like the Georgia Jewel, and there is another race, a new one, in Ga. with 30,000 feet of climbing in May. I won't do it this year, but if I can talk my wife into a few days of cabin rental in Blue Ridge, Ga. next year (easy sell), I would definitely do that one. I would love to do the Georgia Death Race, too. I think it is about a 100K, which is really my favorite distance right now. Right now, only Cajun Coyote for 100 milers this year.

LB2

Paiged79

Signed up for Pinhoti this year in addition to Umstead.  Planning for Umstead to be my goal race and then just take it easy the rest of the year and go into into Pinhoti with absolutely zero time goal other then finishing.

runfastandie

There is no hope in hell on god's green earth that I will run a 100 this year (maybe though in SATAN'S LAIR--haha- really, I'm NOT RUNNING a 100)  but- I'm in the bay area  so if any of you need crewing (I've never actually done it before but I promise I'm a quick study).  Let me know! Even for a crazy training run- tell me the gear and the place and time and I'll be conveniently there with your crap!

<3  Andie

daneel

Hi All!  (wave)  I finally made it over from RWOL.  Phew!  It was a long journey. I did get registered for Javelina (and some other lesser races that I won't mention here Smile).

lace_up -  it looks like we will be at another race together.  I will at least get to see you coming the opposite way of me.  LOL

My training has been a struggle.  I have been dealing with a lot of fatigue (and it is not the miles, because I had weeks with less than 10 miles)  Anyhow it is getting better each week and yesterday I had a great run in the snow.  Although, I didn't realise that the river had flooded and had a thin layer of ice on it, since it was snow covered.  I found that little fact out when the ice broke and I was ankle deep in water.