Trailer Trash

Coyotes, Redwoods, oh my! (Read 50 times)

Watoni

Here are some pics from my lunch run today ... Phleger Estate is fairly remote but then you can even go off the beaten path from there ... back to Silicon Valley? Big Coyote, FWIW

Coyote, after he ran right in front of me then ran away as I "chased" him

Crystal Springs Reservoir

path:

off the beaten path:

wide again but steep:

View:

runtraildc

Thanks for sharing the photos!  I have fond memories of Phleger and it's trails.  That's a big coyote!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing. Your view of the Crystal Springs Reservoir looks a lot like my view of Colyer Lake - sure you were not in my area (that would have been a long run, though)? Nice trails!

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

Beautiful. I am soooo jealous!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Thanks for sharing.  I was there many years ago and ran with a friend who was living in SF.  I think he took me there just so we could run on the Raymundo Trail.  His name is Ray.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Birdwell

Very nice, lots of green and no snow.

Watoni, FTW!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Those trails are just beautiful.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Watoni

Thanks for sharing.  I was there many years ago and ran with a friend who was living in SF.  I think he took me there just so we could run on the Raymundo Trail.  His name is Ray.

Thank you! A friend lives on Raymundo Drive, so when I do not have enough time top run from home I drop into Huddart from Raymundo Drive, then go up Raymundo and back via the ridge (which is not quite verboten).

Raymundo trail is a great but tough climb, especially if you connect it with Lonely trail ... my left foot is still bugging me, but I am going to try to hit Raymundo at lunch Wink

Chnaiur

Nice pics! I run there regularly but haven't met mr Coyote yet. I think I saw a mountain lion kitten on the other side of the ridfe last year though.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

I also haven't met Mr. (or Ms.) coyote, and I'm just over the hill in Half Moon Bay.  Don't get to Phleger often though.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Watoni

A few more from today ... running after eating was not the best idea, plus I just suck lately

shhhh

Ky JohnTerry

What wonderful trails. I am not close to any trails but enjoy running them when I get a chance. Thank you for sharing the photos.