Trailer Trash

Sundaily! (Read 43 times)

Watoni

Bike ride today (42 miles, 4500 feet) to follow up on running 13.2 hilly miles on the trails yesterday. A bit knackered ...

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice day, sunny not too warm...20 miles weather was awesome..ran though some baby patches of snow.  Tripped on a bush that had it tips firmly planted in the snow and wouldn't let go.  Another bush, caught my foot, but in the end released from the snow only to have it fling back and whip me on the ass...very painful.  If my husband was home I'd have him take a picture of the my ass to show you the welt: that might go over to welll with him.

QOTD:  I like music.  I ran with my friend today and after 3 hours together I pulled out some Jack Black and had some real fun.  Music enhances it for me but I don't always have it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

I ended up doing 6.6 miles, a little further then I was going to do. Had the experience of the wind picking up and several of the gusts almost stopped me in my tracks. Then when I had a tailwind it hit me so hard that it almost knocked me off my feet. It wouldn't have been quite so bad if the Temp hadn't been 25. I've just about been knocked off my bike by the wind but never off my feet while running.

Ultra Cowboy

Kind of an epic last 24 hours...Saturday night I met up with 13 of my trailrunning buddies at the local
          Portuguese (Holy Ghost Society) Crab feed.  All you can eat Crab, Pasta, salad, Wine and Garlic bread.  Eat drink Dance, and Be Merry until 10 pm or so...

Alarm doesn't go off but I awoke at 4:45 am in time to get a cup of coffee and some oatmeal to go.  At 6:00 am I meet one of the revelers from last night, and 4 more show up later as we are on the trail, marking the 8.4 mile course for  the 40-50 runners starting at 8:00 am.   There is 2100 feet of elevation gain on this loop, We peak at mile 5, then it is mostly downhill.  Power walking special...for the first half, controlled falling for the second half

We are back to the start by 8:00 and I take off with the back group...4 of 4 for round 2. I ended up walking in one of the runners.  A first timer in trail running and the group.

So total of 16.4 miles with 4200 feet of elevation gain.

This morning with the sun rising over Napa county, and standing in Sonoma County...

QOTD....

Road runs are better with music, but I make myself do trail sans tunes.  Gotta play the sound track in my head...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Rocky...nice picture...sounds like you are on a running high.  Smile

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ultra Cowboy

I peak next Sunday/Monday....

WYBMADIITY

Save

bubba hotep

Was able to get in 24 miles today and now enjoying a few beers:

QOTD - No music while running but I am enjoying some Of Monsters and Men right now

And then there was blog

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

13 hours of mtn biking and 22 trail miles running which kicked my ass.  Eating, drinking beer and I'm still 9 pounds down since Sat morning.  I'm going to sleep now.

Good night people.

ultraendure.blogspot.com

runfastandie

Beautiful picture Rocky! Those sunrise moments are so wonderful.

Watoni

13 hours of mtn biking and 22 trail miles running which kicked my ass.  Eating, drinking beer and I'm still 9 pounds down since Sat morning.  I'm going to sleep now.

Good night people.

I F'in love it!