Trailer Trash

Mental Monday (Read 21 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

WOW!!!  I guess there is limited access for the crews.  When I worked the aid station at 55 miles for Western States all the drop bags fir on one tarp!!

So that means you need to pack more beer.   J/K, of course.  I have no advice (free or for a fee), but I really like reading the others!

But Gator's reminded me of a RR I read from the Moab 240.  Photo of the drop bags....

And a close-up of a particular drop bag....

I do love to be inspired.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Sue , If you can put the poles in your last drop bag and if you can carry them on your pack,  take them .

AT-runner

Tim

Anyone...do you think poles will help me the last 30 which I did 10 miles of and there were some climbs on it.  I have only ran with poles once...so would they just be a detriment.

May rain...would you buy a running rain jacket?  I heard they really don't keep you dry.

If poles are collapsible, they yes, pack them for the last climb. Might walk a bit with them to see how they feel. It takes some getting used to to get a rhythm going.

Depends on the jacket. Mine is fully waterproof, but also traps in heat so if it's warm, I sweat and get wet anyway.  If it's cold my jacket is great. Never hurts to pack more than you need.

Since your pacer is experienced, she'll know how to get you through AS's later on.

Think to yourself  - Hydration - Calories - Gear

Gear = do I need a jacket, headlamp, change of shoes, socks, etc.?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

You have plenty of time.  Just duct tape those suckers to your hands now so you'll carry them around for this week. You'll be used to them in no time! Then do as the others suggested and throw them in your last drop bag.  

Anyone...do you think poles will help me the last 30 which I did 10 miles of and there were some climbs on it.  I have only ran with poles once...so would they just be a detriment.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

Poles make a big difference goin up and down hill. Your quads will thanks you

Sandy-2

Yay, more free advise...

Sandy my weather should be 53/34 rain Friday and Monday so chance are I may get wet.  Last year, the first loop was covered in snow.   May happen again.  

Yup, rain/snow in the mountains, go figure.  I even broke down and will be running in trail shoes for this one.  I think the only other time I ever wore trailers in a hondo was for the snow in the first 20ish miles at Western.

I have a real cheepo lightweight rain jacket that I'll carry in my hydropack for use at night/cold if it's raining. I can't run in a rain jacket unless it's cold because I'll start sweating and I'll just get as wet inside as out.  

I mentioned before, bring spare batteries, they're only a few bucks and light weight. Batteries die quicker when it's cold. If you don't use them just bring 'em back home.

tbd.