Trailer Trash

Slow moving Thursday (Read 25 times)

runtraildc

Ended up bailing on yesterday's plan and just got in a very short jog on the treadmill last night.  Now, for today, I will be meeting a friend for a lunchtime run in rock creek.  It's beautiful out and it's a perfect day for a trail run.    And I have little DS's first XC meet later-- I'm looking forward to that.

qotd:  What's your favorite sport as a spectator?  Me, not a major sports fan, but I've discovered I really love cross country.  Track, surprisingly, a lot less.  No where near the same thing.  But there's something about seeing these XC kids running their hearts out that really gets me fired up. This is new for me since  I didn't run XC as a kid because the season conflicted with swimming.

Daydreamer1

Ran 6 slow miles with DS last night.  Darn that kid is slow . Problem is he only runs a couple of times a week at the most. I never complain to him because I want to keep him running as much as possible but a 22 year old should be able to do more than a 9:30 minute mile!!!   Planning on doing another 6-7 miles today.

QOTD: Soccer. There is always something going on and the action is easy to follow with only basic rules to keep up with. After that it's football, followed by hockey.  By far the worst one to watch is baseball. The only reason I'll go to a game is to people watch . Otherwise I'll fall asleep.   I've never thought about watching XC. Isn't that a little difficult to watch since the course is spread out?

AT-runner

Tim

Not my day today. Had to wake up early for blood work and we had no water. Well pump went out and we just put a new one in 18 months ago. Called plumber and went to hospital where the vampire phlebotomist pushed through my vein. I have very easy veins to hit, but she went too deep, so now I'll have a nice bruise in a day or so and hurts to bend the elbow.  Plumber shows and tells me pump is bad and covered, but not the labor cost, WTF. Then says they have to go back to shop to get the right sized pump, which is funny how that fits right into their lunch schedule.

Can't run until they get back, so I'm not a happy camper. Man, it sounds like I'm having one of Daydreamer's typical days.

QOTD:  Professional sports = Baseball.  College = Football.  I enjoy watching XC, but I was usually coaching, so that could get a bit stressful.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran a nice and easy 5 this morning. I have a couple of more longish runs before I start resting for Cottonmouth. I think I will have to make a trip to the dreaded dentist before the end of the month to get a tooth worked on. Damn it!! I hate going to the dentist. I have a high tolerance for pain except when it come to my teeth and my fingers. But, I'd rather cut off a finger than have someone scraping at a tooth with that freakin' hook.

QOTD: I like college football.

LB2

NHLA

13 miles around the mt. Great morning.

qotd   NFL Football.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for a nice trail run now. Enjoying the day off work!

I am not perfectly happy because DS broke my MMT100 Solo Finisher trophy yesterday by accident. Knocked it off the shelf, and now it's in 1000 pieces. I usually don't care much for race medals or trophies and let the kids play with the medals, but the 100-mile buckles and special award beer glasses are off limits, and the Solo Finisher trophy was very special to me. Now it has joined the rank of several other of my trophies that I won when I was young and lost with the many moves over the years. Another sacrifice to the gods of real life. 

traildc: Rock Creek is so beautiful. I hope to get down to DC soon again, visiting my DSIL who's had cancer surgery again two days ago. Maybe we'll get to run together.

DD1: That's exactly how I think about my DD's running sometimes. I love it when she comes with me, and when she's in just a bit of a shape, she'll leave me in the dust (and I enjoy this for her). Unfortunately she doesn't run consistently, so then there's some runs when I have to make "adjustments" for her. On the other hand, I understand, her life is really, really busy now, in her senior high school year, and she'll move out soon, so I'm happy whenever she decides to come for a run with her old mom.

AT:   Same thing often happens to me with the vampires. Hate that stuff. Get better quickly!

LB2: Sharing your feelings about the tooth plumber... Good luck!

NHLA: Sounds good, nice miles!

QOTD: Live: baseball. I don't know the rules, but I love the action. On TV: Soccer. Know the basic rules, and there's always something going on. Closely followed by ice hockey.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

2.33 this morning..the old man was going to take the dogs with him so I needed to get them back within a certain amount of time.  The plan was than to jump on the treadmill for 1/2 hour but instead I helped him unload his truck.

It's just running and I started with a good lead on Jamie so I can float a little.  I am a procrastinator.

QOTD:  I have to say football but I don't watch sports.  If the old man is gone when the superbowl game is on I will tune into it.   If I am someone who is watching football I actually enjoy watching it.

Couch:  Baseball:  you love the action..that made me chuckle because I hate baseball for the lack of action.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

I rolled over when the alam clock went off. Does that count?

QOTD Hockey and football kicked back in my easy chair with a cold beer is my favorite. Baseball always gives me a good nap.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I will get in some miles tonight...I like running in the evening because usually Queen has already run and I know what I need to further than to make some up .  So I plan on running 20 tonight...just kidding.  Probably 5ish.

AT: that sucks about the well pump.  Only 1.5 years for that one and it went bad, that's not good at all.  Well water can be great but when there are problems....boy it sucks!

LB2 - when is cottonmouth?

QOTD: On TV - football, basketball.  In person, DW and I like volleyball (specifically Penn State women's team).

runtraildc - I like all your comments on your kids xc stuff.  My oldest will hit middle school next year and I am trying to convince him to run xc.  It's only 2 mile races in middle school.  He is the one that completed the mud run with me and gloats that he did 3 miles.  I think high school xc is truly about guts.  I ran in high school but absolutely hated the idea of running so hard.  But these kids nowadays run so hard.  I like to pay attention to the local sports page for the xc results even though HS football is supposedly the #1 sport.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

some call me Tim

Another rest day today... woke up hobbling again and pretty much unable to use my left foot, but now it's more or less ok. Seems when I can do some mobilizations on it or just get moving around it's better but who knows. Day to day... so long as I can walk I can still work on the french drains around here or god forbid real work at the computer.

qotd: I still love watching hockey, though I swore off the NHL years ago so actual viewings are few and far between

slosh

Did some PT on the hip flexor.  Hope to test it out on a short run this weekend.

Qotd: rugby....can't wait to watch rugby 7s in the Olympics next year.