Trailer Trash

Warm-ish Wednesday (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Getting into the 60s today, which is on the warmer side compared to our spring overall. Did not run yesterday (kiddo didn't swim and I seemed incapable of running elsewhere). Planning on running with the brewery group tonight, about 5-6. The patio will be open and perfect weather for a post-run beer.

qotd: Anything distracting you from running right now? Me, my running energy can easily be diverted to my garden, which while not big, also includes a community plot for veggies. Between the plot and the yard, it demands a lot of time and energy at this time of year. If I take care of things in the spring, it makes the rest of the growing season much easier. And I enjoy it as much as running.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

runtrail - Post run beers are the best!  Almost better than free beer.... almost.   As long as you enjoy spending time in the garden, it's all good!

Sandy - Awesome pics yesterday!  Keep them coming!

Got 8 on a hard trail for tonight after work.  The entire right leg is feeling rotten - thigh, calf, achilles - but I'll get it done anyway.  The joys of training!

QOTD:  Can't really say anything distracts me from running other than if I have too work late during the week, drink too much on the weekend, or catch a bit of laziness.  I do my yard work after I run in the weekend mornings, which is kinda extra training in its own way.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny E and I got in a nice 4 miles on, wait for it...... almost snow free trails!!!  Some of trails are still holding a fair bit of snow, but the loop we did yesterday was almost free of snow- pretty nice.

Hitting the trails this evening is the plan.

qotd: I guess I could say Tiny Elvis. I’m getting on the trails as much as before, but lots less running.  We don’t doddle though, yesterday we were averaging a little over 4 mph (probably 13-14- ish minute miles).  It doesn’t seem to adversely effect my running too much when I do actually run.  It may at some point, but I was never fast anyways and he’s good company 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

8 slow and easy with Mr. Jangles. Mr Jangles is trying to convince me that speed work is over rated. More rabbit chasin and less heavy breathing is the key to any good run.

I think I agree

QOTD: where do I start,,,,, I was trying to do a marathon training program but pretty much threw that out the window. Between the weather and my Mom passing the last month has been a bust as far as running, ah hell life's been a bust the last month or so

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Gator - Sorry about your mom.  My mom passed in January.  There will always be another marathon waiting for you.

3/17 - NYC Half

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Woke up  in with plenty of time to run 10 miles if I wanted to.  My running date cancelled and after spring weather it is cold again...the thought of getting out in the cold and breathing cold air with this cold ...well you know where I am heading.  I will run after work.

Love my Salomon Sense rides so why did I order Solomon speedcross online...oh yea they were on sale.    they have a very stiff foot plate...unsure if I want to keep them.  Would have liked a new pair of Sense for the run this weekend...

QOTD:  I have a cold and it got cold...see above.    other excuses are the same as Bert-o general laziness and drinking too much.

Berto-o Free beer after a run is great!

Gator..sorry about your mother...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Gator and Bert-o  so sorry to hear that

Love my Salomon Sense rides so why did I order Solomon speedcross online...oh yea they were on sale.    they have a very stiff foot plate...unsure if I want to keep them.  

keep ‘em sounds like they would work for Colorado in September 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Well, I'm home again.  To the 6th month of winter.  It's currently snowing right now with 3-5" inches expected.  Fuckityfuckfuckfuckfuck.

Survived vacation, hiked a bunch of miles, survived my 20 mile race without hurting too badly.

Gator and Bert-o, really sorry to hear about your mom(s).

QOTD: Is my own body considered a distraction?    Because it's always breaking and that's very distracting.

Running is dumb.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

warden and Mandy - Thanks.

Mandy - Welcome back!  Probably want to turn around and go back with that snow shit at home.  I hope we didn't leave the house in too much of a mess.  Great job on that race.

Sue - Please report back on how the Speedcross compares to the Sense.  I wore the Speedcross last year but added Superfeet blue insoles that added some firmness under foot.  The Solomon shoes are a bit narrow for my foot, but not too bad.  I broke the zipper tie thingy twice (last time in a race), so I lost a bit of confidence in them.  Otherwise, a sturdy trail shoe.

3/17 - NYC Half

Sandy-2

Gator and Bert-o, I am really sorry to hear about your moms. It’s one of those defining things that most go thru, but it’s still a lonely experience and still sucks.

I did 5 mi along a river in Oslo today, went to the 3rd waterfall then turned around and back to the hotel.

qotd: where do I start???  I’m old, my hip is hurting, over use injury, and I need new shoes. And I’m as busy as hell at work. Other than that everything is just fine...

tbd.

moonlightrunner

Bertie & Gator...so sorry about the loss of your mom's.

I went out tonight for a run but did not last long. It was cold and raining and the cut on my toe was bothering me...so I cut it short. This extended winter is wearing me down.

QOTD: the weather has been a distraction. I also need to be home more after work more because my parents need my help. They are coming close to being homebound and they are lonely. Also need time with the grandkids. I really need to be a morning runner.

Warden: I think running with a canine buddy is well worth a slowdown.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4.6 miles with 6 x 400m intervals.

qotd: It might be easier to list what isn't distracting me. As soon as I think of something I'll start the list.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Ultra Cowboy

Pub run with conversation....3.3 miles

WYBMADIITY

Save