Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 29 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in 7 miles with some interval type surges thrown in for good measure.

QOTD: The first pair I tried was Brooks Ghosts and I've stuck with those for a while. I switch between those and Kinvaras every day.

I've got a pair of Altra Superior 1.5's (for $6.36!) on the way that I'll mix into the rotation (I really, really wanted to make the Olympus work, but I just don't see it happening) Next pair I'm going to try is those Pearl Izumis that mtwarden loves so much (Trail N2?)

I'm not experimenting as much as I used to due to the income change the new job brought.

NorthernHarrier

Bike commute to work.  I'm having some issues with my groin right now...gotta take a little bit of time off from running, I guess.  TMTS?  I don't know.

Bummer. Hoping just a little setback. Push a little until it pushes back, couple days off and start the process over. Hopefully. I'm having some flashbacks to my long rehab/rebuild--it sure didn't go smoothly at times and like you I was a very compliant patient. Good luck.

Watoni

Either a quick run or an hour on the bike, maybe both?!

QOTD: Wow, I am the Imelda Marcos of trail shoes right now. I have shoes that work for certain distances, mud, etc. After running Leadville last year my feet seem more finicky. I then hurt my ankle in the only shoes I had run 50s and Leadville in, so I have been running in PI N1s lately since they are good on my ankle, but about 20 miles is my limit in them thus far. Did a nice 6 miles in Hoka Huaka's last night -- the only Hoka I have not yet swapped the quick laces out of. As close to a racing flat as one could imagine Hokas being, and pretty sticky. We will see ...

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bummer. Hoping just a little setback. Push a little until it pushes back, couple days off and start the process over. Hopefully. I'm having some flashbacks to my long rehab/rebuild--it sure didn't go smoothly at times and like you I was a very compliant patient. Good luck.

Yeah, I imagine this isn't going to be all sunshine and rainbows trying to make a come back.  Full recovery is not for a year and I'm not even half way, so.  It's gonna be long.    Not much to do other than just keep pushing forward.  Slowly.

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

QoN: Yeah, I think the running stuff will somehow make it into the suitcase.

DigDug2: Unfortunately I won’t be up that way, will be spending the time out in Queens and LI.

lace_up: My DD saw a Mountain Lion 2 weeks ago in California, kind of near the finish line and the town of Auburn. It was late at night and she rides totally dark (the horses can see), she heard something in front of her and it was obvious that her horse was not happy about something.  She turned on the handheld she was carrying and caught a glimpse of the back half and long tail of a very large beige-color cat.  The funny part, she was riding with 2 friends - one her age (21) who was sponsoring her younger sister.  They were all kind of spooked and they told the younger sister that she should sing Christmas carols to keep the cat away from them.  After 30 or so minutes of a Christmas carol mash-up, they were quiet again and then heard more rustling off in the bushes.  All three still quiet listening to see how close it was…. and then the OLDER sister starts up in a very soft, timid, shaky voice….  “feliz navidad…”  The three of them laughed so hard that I’m sure whatever it was high-tailed outta there.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy: nice story!

I wasted 2 hours after work, waiting for DH to come home and unlock the door for me - our neighbor still has my key that I gave to her to take care of our cat while I was running ES100. DH was out on a fun trip with the kids, and my phone was dead - 

So now I'm left with a house that looks as if a bomb had exploded, while DH is continuing his fun trip. Maybe a run will make this day a bit better soon! Planning on a few flat miles to relax these rickety wheels.

QOTD: I have had only good experiences. But I'm picky with running shoes, I only buy them if they feel 100% ok - there's no break-in tolerance for me. They must feel like part of my feet, absolutely "organic" and "natural", otherwise back onto the rack they go.

Currently I have 1 pair of road shoes, with several hundred miles on them (and still good): Brooks Ghost4.

My go-to trail shoes are Cascadia 7's, I love them just as much as the 5's and 6's I've had. I have run both 100-milers in the same pair, and they kept my feet nice and blister-free. I also have PureGrit1's in rotation, but they don't give me enough protection for 20+ mile runs.

I don't have any foot issues, other than my elegant, narrow feet have turned into penguin waddlers, two sizes bigger than before picking up ultra-running. 

Run for fun.

LB2

Rest day. First day of the fall semester!!! It went surprisingly smooth.

QOTD: As long as the heel/toe drop ranges from 0 to 5, I can get by just fine. Although, I really liked the New Balance MT101, and I think it was a 9. That model is coming back in January, and I may get a new pair. I am going to get a pair of Altra Olympus shortly.

LB2