Trailer Trash

Monday Mondaily (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

SRD for me.  Short run tomorrow and then some walking around Longwood Gardens for our annual Tulip trip. Weather looks awesome.

QOTD:  Tip-toe across the rocks or bound right through at a creek crossing? (Warm weather assumed, so cold feet not an option.)  I go right through the water.  Shoes dry fast and I wear Drymax socks and they do well when wet.  DW is a rock hopper.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

USRD..

QOTD:  Tip toe through the rocks...if possible.  Although yesterday we walked through the creek since it was higher than the rocks. It really isn't a big deal but if I am not racing I do try to keep the toes dry.

Pics from yesterdays run...I must of been in a strange mood that day! 

Image may contain: one or more people, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 8 people, including Kristin Glauner, Leatrice Erickson, Michelle Brown and Erin McCarthy, people smiling, people standing, mountain, dog, outdoor and nature

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Ran in Arkansas this weekend. I originally was gonna do the half marathon then changed to the full a couple days out but then changed back to the half on race day.  I think I'm losing it sometimes! The half was a success, slow but very steady. Very tough and very hilly course but also beautiful. Glad I changed to the half as I got my first blister running in probably 5 years. WTF? My go to shoe and sock combination. Weird.

Just finished up a recovery joggy thing of 4.5 in the Arb and now about to head out on the bike.

Couple QOTD's I missed.  Always wear a running hat and have for years. I have quite the collection.  Sweat, sun, bugs, rain off the glasses, etc.

Goal race-Devil on the divide 50k, Sept in Colorado. Couple epic runs in there--Pawnee/Buchanan loop 26m and another I'm gonna try to pull  off while out in SLC in late June is doing the run into and back to Kings Peak, Utah's hi point and about a 30 mile out and back. Have to run that one by my DW as we'll be out visiting my daughter so we shall see.

Today's QOTD-- Same as Queen-generally will try to stay dry on basic runs but no real concerns. What is fun though is when any hikers are around trying to tip toe thru something I'll just blast thru with some theatrics for effect. Never give it a thought in an event.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

some rain last night and this morning, snow a little higher- lots of flooding woes around the state with all the runoff

NH- congrats on the finish, bummer on the blister

4-5 miles this evening

qotd: unless it’s super easy, no hopping about for me; I’ve come to terms with wet feet- one Bob Marshall Open is all it takes 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

SRD.

QoN: A little spring madness?

NH: congrats on the half.

qotd: I'm with mt, if there's an easy log or rock to hop to I'll do that, if not I'll just splash through. NH I remember a couple of race water crossings where some other runners were wadding through with their shoes off, I traipsed right in with my shoes on and then sat down in the middle of the water to cool off.  Splish-splashed by them as they were putting their shoes back on.  Always fun.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - It's been quite a few years since I've been to Longwood Gardens.  Hope you get some nice pics.

Sue - Nice terrain!  Definitely something to get a little excited about.

NH - Too funny about switching back and forth, but sounds like you made the right decision to go with the Half.  Nice job!

Rest day for me.  Will be packing up tonight for the drive down to Ashburn VA tomorrow morning.  Will run before I leave in the AM.

QOTD:  I will rock-hop if I know there's not much ahead.  If I know the inevitable, then I won't bother and go through.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sue in Montana we call this a pride - it doesn’t happen a lot in nature as lions (or cougars depending on your area) are generally solitary 

Image may contain: 8 people, including Kristin Glauner, Leatrice Erickson, Michelle Brown and Erin McCarthy, people smiling, people standing, mountain, dog, outdoor and nature

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Seems appropriate as we did have one male with us.   But seriously in that group I am the only cougar!!!

Sue in Montana we call this a pride - it doesn’t happen a lot in nature as lions (or cougars depending on your area) are generally solitary 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄