Trailer Trash

Good Fridaily (Read 21 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Hmmm I run a 14 minute mile when I have the dogs with me on our morning trail.  Last weekend we ran a different trail (alone) and they hauled ass so we had a 11 minute mile.  I don't get those two!

I don't stop and pee as much as Jack. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

5K in Flat Rock Park. Nice place to run in the rain. Several sheds to duck under.

qotd  no easter egg hunts for me.

Daydreamer1

If I'm by myself, outside I try to walk a mile in about 14 minutes or so.  If DW is along, it's a little slower.  On the TM, I set the speed at 4.2 mph = 14:17 minutes per mile. I try to get 3-4 miles in at a time. I added 2-3 walks / week since mid January.

I've been trying to get it down to about 14 minutes. So far the best this year has been about 14:38.  I always do my walking towards the end of  a shorter run and have a 1 mile section that I do. It's slightly uphill so that does slow me down some I'm sure. I find that it's really hard to increase your speed walking, but then I've always been a slow walker.  Legs too short I guess.

moonlightrunner

It sounds like you all are getting in some nice runs. I met a friend at the State Park for a nine miler. She and I are a good match for long runs...she is slow like me. She likes to do 5 min running, 1 min walking. I don't care. I am pretty unstructured, she keeps track...I just walk when she does.

I wish I had a clue how to download a picture. It is early spring here, and while in the woods we saw a carpet of blue flowers, prompting this bit of corny poetry:

When running down the trail today

My eye did chance to see

A lovely bit of sky that fell

To greet me at my feet

It was breathtaking. The flowers smelled as beautiful as they looked. Unfortunately, I can't post the pictures. That's ok though...the pictures do the reality little more justice than the corny poetry.

Qotd: I dont celebrate Easter as a religious holiday...but my mom and dad do, so we will have the traditional Easter dinner thing. Of course, there will be an Easter Egg hunt for the littles.

Safe travels and good times and good runs for all!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

I got up early to take a friend turkey hunting. We covered about a mile at a quick pace, out and then back with about a 30 minute heart-pounding hunt in between. That turkey gobbled and strutted and did everything a turkey does. He was putty in my hands. Then, my buddy's gun misfired. So, I got to kill my second and final turkey of the year on Good Friday. Then, I cooked for my in-laws and took the dog out for a run. On a sad note, this is the one year anniversary of my brother in law dying of colon cancer at the age of 39. We were concerned about how his boys and my wife's sister would be today. They held it together fine while they were here. It was a really Good Friday, despite that sadness.

QOTD: We will go to our Sunday school class. After that, we will go eat catfish at Middendorf's. They really know how to do catfish.

LB2

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi this morning, ran to Bolsburg and back, there's a military museum there.  Nice rolling hills.  Weather was perfect, low 40's and not humid.

Qotd: we're having a huge dinner on Saturday night, Easter and Passover, plus birthday cake for me, I guess Sunday brunch will be leftovers and hangovers.

tbd.