Trailer Trash

Sleep in Saturdailies (Read 24 times)

Daydreamer1

All right all you lazy people, up and out of bed!!!!!  There's no good reason to be sleeping in this late.  Get running and posting .

After getting a good night's nap at work, I came home exhausted and fell asleep at my desk . So now I'm late getting out on the trails. Heading up on the mountain for at least 11 miles, hopefully more like 14. I need to start increasing the miles if I'm going to have a successful race in August.

QOTD: I'm not prepared for this since I figured someone else would have posted by now.

Actually just thought of a question while I was getting ready to head out for my run.

Do you make it a habit to stretch before a run, after a run, both, or not at all?  I had quit stretching before a run because I had read that it left you more susceptible to injuries. However I've been dealing with a tight Achilles since my last ankle injury. If I don't stretch before the run it seems like it takes me forever to get warmed up so now I'm doing light stretching before heading out.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thought I would be headed into the high country for a run/hike, but will have to wait for next weekend- few too many chores on the "Honey Do" list; did get in a nice 17 mile out and back on Helena Ridge (~ 3000' of gain) though so not all lost

qotd: no stretching for me, I do use a roller sometimes before a run, sometimes after, sometimes both before and after- usually just my calves and achilles

I'm not very flexible, I could probably use something like yoga/hot yoga to limber up a bit

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

At this time of day, I'm usually last to post - what happened, guys? Bear attack (one way or another), gotten lost, struck by lightning, slipped on the ice, headlamp broke,...? Or just on a nice long run?

I had to work early to late today, and now I'm off to get ready for Father's Day tomorrow.

QOTD: I often stretch after a run, just to loosen up my legs and stretch out my back. I have lost some flexibility in the past year, and I'm struggling to get back to where I was again.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

10 miles and the gym this morning. I was planning for more, but it's hot out, so me and the pups came home.

We listed our house and had it sold for more than the asking price in 4 1/2 hours. I even priced it higher than I could reasonably justify. Didn't see that coming.

QOTD: I never stretch, but I won't judge if others do.

moonlightrunner

I ran this morning! I attempted a run two days ago but couldnt even go a mile due to knee and leg pain. Today I managed 3.5 miles with stiffness and moderate pain. It causes a cascade of symptoms in my quads, hamstrings and IT band. Its gonna suck if this is something significant. I see an ortho on Wednesday.

You all had awesome runs today! I am jealous.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

10 miles and the gym this morning. I was planning for more, but it's hot out, so me and the pups came home.

We listed our house and had it sold for more than the asking price in 4 1/2 hours. I even priced it higher than I could reasonably justify. Didn't see that coming.

QOTD: I never stretch, but I won't judge if others do.

Kelly- are you moving to a new area or just a new house?

moonlighter- fingers crossed it's just a very minor affair

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

Kelly- are you moving to a new area or just a new house?

We're moving about an hour further south, on the other side of SLC from where we are now. I have a super long commute, so that needed to stop. We found a cool house in the mountains that we really like, so it was time to pull the trigger.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^  Sweet- congrats!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Ended up doing yesterday's workout today.  Gym with treadmill.  Not exciting, but it was really humid today and I needed to get in a strength workout.  Tested the hamstring with some speed and it felt pretty good.  Just a minor ache during running and very little residual aches afterwords.

qotd:  Not regularly before or after running, but it is a regular part of training, usually in the form of yoga.  The structure of a yoga class forces me to work areas and do stretches that I'll avoid on my own.

Have a good night, trailers!

Sandy-2

Hey wait, I ran so early on Saturday, in Greece no less, that I posted on Friday.  I should get partial credit for that ...

qotd: I stretch both before (lightly) and after (also pretty lightly). Don't care what they say, it helps me.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL