Trailer Trash

The Wendsdaily (Read 21 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Actually went off the Statin about a year or more ago because it was causing me some problems and studies show that they really don't prevent the number of events that the pharmaceutical companies claim they do.  Now I just try to eat clean. By that I mean very little junk food and store bought baked goods.

Very true.  Its' pretty amazing to look at the rest of the world's consumption of prescription meds vs the US.  Blood thinners, statins, and opioids in particular, are very rarely prescribed anywhere but in the good ole' US of A.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Not unusual for a couple evening IPA's though 

Hell Yeah!!!!!

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

If I really wanted to be more healthy I should reduce the booze consummation!  

Not unusual for a couple evening IPA's though 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

AT: that is a great idea! I do think there is blood accumlated on the bottom side of the toe, but I don't know for sure. It is more painful there than at the site of the laceration. If I can't race this weekend, there is a greAt half to run on the 294th.

Qon: I've been wearing 5 fingers for about 10 years. I can't imagine running in anything else. If I get a job at the LRS, I guess I will have to start reXing about shoes again.

Moon - OUCH.  Do you need to needle the toe to get any blood / fluid out?  Hope for fast recovery. Even before I read it, I though to myself "oh no, she wear's five fingers". ope you can get the toe in the shoe, or maybe sacrifice an older shoe and cut out the top of the big toe.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Considering you eat a "bowel" of mini wheats, I would assume it keeps you quite regular. Hahaha

Yep, nothing like eating the whole bowel full .  Normally proof read my posts but this morning I was late for an appointment and didn't.  That will teach me to post in a hurry while typing with my two left thumbs . Betcha I still would have missed it if I had  proof read it as I had to reread this post three times to "get it" .

I didn't even look back to see if anyone else had posted while I was typing or I would have seen that Jon had just posted about not eating any meat  while I was typing about me eating more. So Jon, I wasn't getting ready to ostracize you, just posting my experience with my cholesterol.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Howdy!  My chiro worked me real good yesterday.  I'm already having some bruising on my leg -- ouch!  Still sick, back to work, just trying to make it to the weekend...

Jon - I've been a vegetarian since 2008.  :high five:

QOTD: I take supplemental iron and B12, which are pretty common deficiencies in a woman/vegetarian/runner.  I've also pretty much given up all alcohol because of how my body reacts to it. 

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

If I really wanted to be more healthy I should reduce the booze consummation!  

Wellllll.........one of my appointments was with the good doctor himself. Been dealing with an issue that I've told them is an infection. So they finally agreed with me and put me on six weeks of antibiotics. After we chose the best one for runners he told me to give up the alcohol while I'm on them. Guess I'm going to have to give up my two a month habit of  Mikes hard lemonade . Damn, I'll miss that stuff.

Sandy-2

I ended up taking a SRD yesterday.  After getting up at 3:45am to catch our flight home I didn't feel like running in the afternoon.  I'm planning on running 5 after work today.

Moonlight, sorry about the toe, hopefully it'll feel better in a day or two.

qotd: A long time ago I weened myself off of caffeine, a doctor indicated that the PVCs I was experiencing at the time (I could feel this strange sensation in my chest) was probably due to too much coffee.  It totally went away after switching to decaf, and I've been a decaf drinker ever since.

It really surprises health care providers these days when you mention you are not taking any meds, especially if you are an aging old fart like me.

XT: Nice.  I helped my Dad get checked into a nursing home when he was 86, they asked for a list of meds he was on, and were in total shock and disbelief when I told them "none".

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

muppy

5.3 miles on the horseshoe Trail yesterday.

Moonlight, hope that toe gets better!

QOTD For  The most part I eat healthy, no soda and not many sweets. The doctor has suggested I change my diet because my blood pressure and cholesterol are so high. I changed (kinda) my diet and am on meds for both and they are still high. Dr says it's probably that way because it runs in the family.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

RD after 8 straight days. No I was not really tempted to start a streak.

qotd: cranberry juice because I had several UTI episodes. Haven't had one for years since I started that and also paid more attention to regular daily hydration.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

17 miles thru old growth hemlocks and white pine, life is good.  Rather slow as I think I was the first one thru this season and lots of downed branches and the normally tiny streams weren't so tiny right now. Great day in a beautiful area.

I love beer but I don't know how you guys can drink IPA's though.  Golden age of beer right now, ENJOY!

QOTD--61 years old and knock on wood, healthy. No special meds, no special diet, certainly should lose a few pounds but I eat everything I can. Should work a little more on portion control I suppose.

NHLA

8 miles town and back

Qotd I eat when I am hungry. I sleep when I'm tired  I don't like chicken.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

17 miles thru old growth hemlocks and white pine, life is good.  

Dude- it certainly doesn't take you long to get whipped back into shape- nice!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √