Trailer Trash

Wacked Out Wednesday (Read 20 times)

LB2

I ran 4 this morning after a nice 6 yesterday afternoon.

QOTD: What did you want to be/do as a child? Have you followed that dream? Have you achieved that dream?

I wanted to do three things:

1. I wanted to be a US Marine.

2. I wanted to work in technical education.

3. I wanted to live a life of adventure.

Yes, I have followed that dream, and yes, I have achieved it.

I came up with this question because my youngest daughter (9) asked me the original question last night, and the following questions were questions she asked me as I answered the first. The life of adventure part was something I hadn't thought too much about until we got to talking about the places I have visited and some of the things I have done. It isn't like I have climbed Everest, but I have been as adventurous as I have wanted to be. And I have done more than most people I know. I have a few more adventures left in me, quite a few. I also thought it was interesting that at no point in my life has a lot of money been a goal of mine. I'm sure my wife wishes it was, but it just doesn't matter very much to me.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Seven miles for me and the Lady last night on the trails of Coventry Woods. A rather rainy evening, would have been a good day for a day off, but I had sort of a stressful work day, so getting outdoors was needed. A slow creaky sloppy puddle filled run. Day off today from running but perhaps the planet of fitness routine at lunch and some yardwork if we get some sun and drying.

QOTD: Honestly as a kid I was just happy being a kid, playing ball and whatnot. I did not think seriously about what I wanted to be until I was attending community college.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

DigDug2

Easy 6 on another drizzly morning.  Obsessively checking the weather for this weekend; at the risk of jinxing everything, the weather gods seem to be smiling on my marathon on Sunday.  Current forecast:

Friday             High of 76

Saturday        High of 71

Sunday          High of 57

Monday          High of 73

QOTD:  similar to XT - I don't really recall having specific dreams/goals when I was a kid, either for career or life generally.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran 4 miles yesterday.  And my hamstring didn't hurt?!  So fingers crossed I've hit a turning point.  Also, running is really hard.  WTF.  I'm so out of shape.

DigDug -- crossing my fingers that the weather gods are good to you!

QOTD: As a kid, I wanted to be either an artist or a veterinarian.  Thankfully I didn't follow through on either of those.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Heading out later for 4 easy miles or so. The sun is supposed to come out later, and after a seemingly very long stretch of un-springlike cold and drizzle, I am eagerly awaiting it.

While I've been doing that, I made arrangements to travel to MN for a family wedding next month. Found out my first race is being held that weekend, too. They now have a HM option, which I'm considering. How often do you get to go back to your first race? It was a 10k, which is also very tempting only because it is on trails vs the HM roads. All through apple orchards and a nature center.

qotd: a psychiatrist and a marine scientist. I am very left-brain/analytical. Thankfully, as I got older, I realized I had nowhere near the patience required for being a psychiatrist. Did do the marine science route, though. Now I need to come up with some mid-life dreams and aspirations.

Daydreamer1

Another dreary day. At least it should be cool for my run up on the mountain. Hoping to get in about 13 miles again.

While it's been rainy and dreary the Bluebirds in the back yard have fallen in love and are raising a family in the Bluebird condo. I know it's a new couple because they are both smaller with brighter colors.  Everyone, them, the robins, the wrens and a few other birds that I can't identify were all getting along so good. Then came the sparrow attack Monday and Tuesday.  Today everything has calmed down and everyone is getting along. Kind of because the sparrows are having multiple funerals today . Many thanks to DS for zeroing in the pellet gun . He does that quite well.

QOTD:  As a preteen I don't really remember much other than being a firefighter. That would have been because my Dad was one for >20 years.  As a teenager I thought of many things. Special forces medic, firefighter, diesel Mechanic, truck driver,  dairy or hog farmer, successful businessman of some sort, design poop plants , (AKA manure storage and bio digesters for farms),  world traveler and a few more that I'm probably missing.

So far I've done a few of those things:

Drove truck and owned a small but successful trucking business. Sometimes regret that I changed careers but probably have better health than if I had stayed in it.

Did a good bit of heavy truck mechanical work back in my 20s.

Worked on dairy farms and if DW and I had married before her dad died we may have taken over the farm.  Sometimes it only takes one little thing happening to change the outcome of your life.

Never got in the poop business.

Haven't traveled the world but I'm pretty happy with the amount of traveling that I do and the adventures I've had.

The closest I'll get to the Special forces medic thing now is what I'm currently doing.

Now I'm trying to figure out what I want to and can do in pre-retirement.

AT-runner

Tim

Leaving for airport at lunch for a trip out west to see oldest 2 kiddos.  Probably get a long walk at the airport if I get checked in early enough.

Several runs and kikes planned for rest of the week around Portland and Mt. Hood.

QOTD:  I wanted to be a rescue swimmer for the coast guard.  After tearing up my left shoulder from long swimming career, I knew I couldn't do it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

QOTD:  I wanted to be a rescue swimmer for the coast guard.  After tearing up my left shoulder from long swimming career, I knew I couldn't do it.

I was wondering what your answer might be. When I go to high schools and talk to kids about post secondary education, I can't count the times that kids tell me they want to be a surgeon, brain or heart.

LB2

Gator eye

Ten this morning.

QOTD: I was going to be the next Superstar jazz trumpet player. When I got out of high school I spent the next 4 years in the Marine Corps band in Quantico VA. There I learned I was good but not that good. Glad I didnt waste 4 years of college on that.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 5 this morning...so much easier waking up in the light...still a little hard getting out of bed.  Can't wait until I can sleep with all the windows opened.

QOTD:  I wanted to be a professional skier.  No did not follow the dream, in fact I snowboard now and even then barely do it. 

Have fun AT...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

5k at flat rock park.

Qotd I was 8. Someone pulled in our driveway in an Eldorado convertable. I asked dad what does he do? He is a lumber broker. The rest is history.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I barely ran a mile last night just to keep my streak alive.  I did not feel well so it was tough just to get the motivation to do so. I am fairly certain it was stress induced.  The last 2-3 days at work have been super stressful.

AT: Have a blast!

DigDug - high of 57 sounds just about perfect!! GL

Mandy - 4 miles? You could start out a little shorter, maybe?

QOTD: So this is going to sound dumb but I used to go around telling people I wanted to be a taxi driver.  Of course I didn't.  I am not sure what I was thinking.  I may have been somewhat making fun of taxi driver's or maybe I just had a phobia about driving.  Who knows?!?

Have a great evening!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

QOTD: So this is going to sound dumb but I used to go around telling people I wanted to be a taxi driver.  Of course I didn't.  I am not sure what I was thinking.  I may have been somewhat making fun of taxi driver's or maybe I just had a phobia about driving.  Who knows?!?

Have a great evening!

Have you considered therapy? Hahahaha. Actually, I should probably consider therapy.

LB2

LB2

QOTD: I was going to be the next Superstar jazz trumpet player. When I got out of high school I spent the next 4 years in the Marine Corps band in Quantico VA. There I learned I was good but not that good. Glad I didnt waste 4 years of college on that.

I bet that was interesting duty.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Uh...how do you know I am not in therapy???? 

Have you considered therapy? Hahahaha. Actually, I should probably consider therapy.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday