Trailer Trash

Mellow Monday (Read 29 times)

NorthernHarrier

Another awesome fall day in the far north. It never gets old. Decided to skip the bird hunting as it was warming up too much and that's hard on the dog and the scenting conditions are less than ideal so I did some seasonal chores that I was putting off including putting the boats away(sigh).  Next weekend I'll take out the piers as the lake here can freeze over as early as Nov.1 occasionally. Managed to get a nice run in on the nearby Nature Conserv property. It's only 4 minutes from here and is one of their crown jewels in this state. I don't run there real often but this time of year it is pretty sweet.  So about to head home now after a short hike around the point. 4 hour drive door to door.

QOTD--Any good happenings? Well as above, couple cool but nice days for grouse hunting and a nice warmer day for chores. Got in a couple good runs but the days are sure getting short as I never had time for any mtn. biking. Might be done mtn. biking for the year. Anyway I'll be up the next two weekends for more of the same. I like it here. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ Hey, I thought you had a job!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I've always thought this and you have now confirmed it.  I've noticed cold mornings really brings the hound out of Earl between the sniffing and the hollowing.  This morning was such a morning.

Decided to skip the bird hunting as it was warming up too much and that's hard on the dog and the scenting conditions are less than ideal so I did some seasonal chores that I was putting off including putting the boats away(sigh).  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

^ Hey, I thought you had a job!  

I do.  This seasonal gig I took I thought was gonna be a 40 hour deal but I guess it's a 4 day work week until it gets busier so I have been told. I was hired with a group of several guys and we're all doing 4 day weeks for now BUT lucky me as I'm getting every Monday off so far so a three day weekend. Nice. The other guys are getting random days off in the middle of the week.     We'll see how this all plays out down the road.

Queen--Yeah temps make a huge difference. All my Springers have come alive when the temps hit that right range. Like you flip a switch. Humidity and and dampness of the soil/ground also come into play. Watching Cloe work cover on Sat. and Sun. was incredible with the finally cooler weather.

Sandy-2

I took a SRD on Monday.  Then this morning I was going to get up early to run and also see FTYC's planets, but it was really foggy so I bagged it.  I'll run after work today. I'm sort of in taper mode for the next 10 days, so nothing planned for more than 5 to 8 miles at any one time.

mt, any info on how the runner got lost or 'turned around' and made it through the night?

qotd: We went to an international fest last Saturday.  Had some really good home-made Malaysian food from one of the booths.  Also had some good old-fashioned American apple pie from the International School booth.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL