Trailer Trash

Sweet 16 verus Born to Pun (Read 21 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

In case you guys aren't keeping up on the competition in the 2016 to 2016  Forum I thought I would give you an update.  We are in the play offs.  I am on Sweet 16 and Jamie is on Born to Pun.  WCrunner and Mandy teams are no longer in the playoffs.  Jamie's team has been in first place since week one and has never left.  Where as my team was in last place for about 4 months and then gradually crawled it's way up to 11 place which got us into the playoffs.

This week we are up against that dreaded number one team that everyone in 2016 in 2016 hate. They are often publicly accused of sand bagging by putting in a low yearly goal.     The one time we were up against them before we actually won.  Now we have to win 2 out of the next 3 weeks with Born to Pun.  The excitement is over whelming!!! 

You know how Jamie and I enjoy our mini competitions.  This is the big one.  You may want to get to Vegas and place some bets!

Go team Sweet 16..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

You mean I actually have to go out and run now???!!??? 

For the record, our team is simply very consistent.  We have had very few runners need to go on IR (only one I can think of) and most log their miles weekly and hit their goals.  We have 3-4 heavy mileage runners (some logging 80-100 miles per week in their peak training).  We have our own RA forum group but hardly anyone posts in there.  I am fairly certain that while Sweet 16 is trash talking on Facebook, our team does not care.

Having said that....it's on!!!!  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

My team finished in last place!  Woo hoo! 

That said, I gotta root for Sweet 16.  Gotta love an underdog and us chicks need to stick together!

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So Jamie's team won last week by about 50 miles.    It appears that all the top 4 teams beat the teams they play which were teams in 5 to 8.  We shall see what happens this week.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's because we cheat....or so everyone else thinks we do.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

tissues for you and your team...

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice job Jamie.. the good news is I can fuck off the rest of the year while you still need to work at it.   But not true..come December you and I will be competing to see who reached their goal of 1,500.  You are way ahead of me at this time and may even reach your 1,500 before the end of the year.  .

tissues for you and your team...

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I don't know...you have a 25k and a 50k in your sig line.  You have something to work towards.  I do not.  I am completely unmotivated to run and am ok with it.  So we shall see.  

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I got in trouble because I haven't been running and never told anyone I needed to go on IR.  Whoops.  I thought my team was done for the year, so I didn't think it mattered, but apparently it does.

Running is dumb.

dpc3

I'll donate some miles or k's to the highest beer bidder, any takers?