Trailer Trash

What Time Zone Is It Mondaily (Read 20 times)

Daydreamer1

SRD. A busy day so far at work and for some reason I'm really tired.  Skipped the run yesterday and went for a bike ride. If I had run I would have considered going down to the AT. Got in to work this morning and found out that there was a death on the trail in the evening, right in the area that I would have been .  Sounds like it was  a day hiker, morbidly obese.

XT - I was thinking about you yesterday. Some day maybe I'll try that one. Glad to hear you got 'er done.

QOTD: 157.8. More than I expected.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Starting my taper with an easy 3.3 miles.

qotd: 138.3 for the month.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DigDug2

SRD (or week) here, recovering from road marathon yesterday.  First 20 miles were great, next 6 not so much - went out too fast and paid the price.  Anyway, I finished, which at one point in mile 23 was not a foregone conclusion.

AT - great photos!

XT - nice race!

QOTD:  260

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Is it Monday? I dunno - I'm lost.

DD - what part of the AT? I am assuming a heart attack vs. a bear attack?

QOTD: 86.6 

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Very true, on both counts!  I'll be mulling it over.  Plan on running the Alice-Toxaway loop in the Sawtooths the Monday before Beaverhead and that will be a pretty tough 19 miler, not sure if that's a good taper for Beaverhead.   Then backpacking across the road in the White Cloud mountains the rest of the week so if I do Beaverhead it will be a real ugly sufferfest I think.  Oh yeah, also doing the Pawnee-Buchanan loop in the Indian Peaks (26mi) on Thursday Jun 29th a few days before the Sawtooth run. Not sure if my legs are up for everything so if something has to be cut it will be Beaverhead. BTW--want to join me for either of those epic runs? Have campsites already reserved. 

Manged a soggy 10.5 today and luckily got it in between all the rain showers then dropped almost $600 at the doggie camp when I picked up the girls. Ouch!

You will miss seeing me if you don't do Beaverhead.    Okay, so maybe that doesn't quite outweigh the other stuff.  

I'm expecting it to be a sufferfest (even without having traipsed across the mountains during the preceding week, like you are doing).  But I'm looking forward to it, never having done anything like it before.  Anyway, let me know if you go.  Understandable if you do not.

Easy 4.3 miles today.

QOTD: 105 miles.  Lowest mileage since last fall.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

SRD. Quick drive, by too busy at work today.

qotd: 205.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

DD - what part of the AT? I am assuming a heart attack vs. a bear attack?

It was the part that starts at the river and runs to the east across Peter's mountain.  And yes, it was a medical event of some kind. From what I heard he was pretty far up or at least it took EMS a long time to climb up to him, although considering that most EMS people in this area are in very poor shape themselves he may not have been that far up.  All the information I have is about what someone could have gathered from listening to a scanner.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It was the part that starts at the river and runs to the east across Peter's mountain.  And yes, it was a medical event of some kind. From what I heard he was pretty far up or at least it took EMS a long time to climb up to him, although considering that most EMS people in this area are in very poor shape themselves he may not have been that far up.  All the information I have is about what someone could have gathered from listening to a scanner.

That's exactly the section I was thinking.  That's a decent climb from the Susquehanna and then from there it's very rocky so if the person was not in good shape, it would have been a very difficult going.  And I can see why it would be tough for EMS (who are not in shape) to extract him from there.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday