Trailer Trash

Twisted Tuesday (Read 20 times)

LB2

Just an easy 2 this morning. My legs are still a little sore from Sunday's tempo run. I rolled my ankles several times, and I rarely roll my ankles.

QOTD: What is the weather looking like in your area?

Wet. But we needed the rain. It rained hard and long last night, but the only thing wet on the trail this morning were the leaves. The ground soaked up all that water.

LB2

runtraildc

Got in a couple of short jogs Sunday and Monday.  And some yoga to work things out. Today's plan is for 5 later this afternoon, before dusk and after the rain tapers off a bit.

qotd: Wet, but still not enough rain to really soak the ground. However, by Thursday morning, things might be looking better. It is almost 60 today and tomorrow's supposed to be even warmer. I guess it's this rain from LB's neck of the woods.

XtremeTaper

Nothing today other than some stretching and rolling around on a massage ball. Will hit the planet of fitness tonight for more scowling stationary cycling and some weights.

QOTD: Grey, wet sort of pouring rain. All day rain so far. We really need a good soaking. I hope this is helping some in the southern Appalachians.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

MMMmmmmm bed...so warm...so comfy.. ok I finally pulled myself out of bed and was able to run 4 miles and still get to work on time.

QOTD:  Brrrhhh it was cold this morning.  Not freezing cold but cold.  Rainy past week but 5 days of dry and then another rainy weekend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

QOTD: Grey, wet sort of pouring rain. All day rain so far. We really need a good soaking. I hope this is helping some in the southern Appalachians.

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge is getting hammered right now. We have a family friend who has a cabin in PF, but I think it survived the fire, so far. My cousin stayed there last week. I hope the rain helps, but they don't expect much help from the rain from what I have heard.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Considering heading out for a easy 5 miles before work.  Don't really like to run too much in this area in the middle of regular deer season but since it's on the roads and mostly around houses and through open fields I'll do it. The weather is too nice to pass up.

QOTD: Lower 50s and wet. Rained real nice this morning, just not long enough.

This morning  DD mentioned that the Smokey's were burning. I didn't realize it had gotten this bad. Has me wondering how things are on NHLA's side of the mountians.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.2 miles in a light rain and mild (57F) temps.

qotd: see above

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

some call me Tim

Ah, yoga, that'd be good. Things have been so busy here, but good generally.. been staying up half the night to get work done, so I'm still putting off a return to training. Hope all is well with you all.. sounds like things are generally pretty subdued, and like you said Daydreamer, no better time to take it easy on the trails than deer season!

qotd: A little wet, but temps have been mild. The cars have needed some work, so that's been a boon. There's no power or heat in the garage so fall and winter repairs can be really unpleasant.

AT-runner

Tim

Short run in the rain today. Deer season is in full force now, so stayed on the road. Heavy rain at times so cut it short since I was soaked and cold.

Worked on 5 more windows. Done for a while. 6 more to go but might wait until spring since I can close off fhoss rooms for winter.

QOTD: See above.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi after work today. Was tropical and warm, was soaked when I was done.  My back felt pretty good so that was a plus.

qotd:  it was 80 deg today, uuuuugh!!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL