Trailer Trash

Weekender (Read 17 times)

Sandy-2

Did 10 this morning. Actually felt much better than yesterday even though it was hotter and more humid than yesterday.  There were thunderstorms threatening but they ever did hit.  But every once in a while there was a temp inversion so got a little puff of cool air, so some relief.

moonlight and AT, yeah loosing that much is funky, same thing today.

Currently at Roller Derby match, my first ever, no clue.  The Conroe Cutthroats!!  Here's the cutest jammer, my DD!!!!  Yes, she does endurance horse riding, ultrarunning, and now roller derby.  I just made sure she has enough padding!!!

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 7 saturday and 9 today with the group...some say it was 10.  It was actually a ATV trail so it sucked.  Loose large rocks... crap footing..single track .. two dogs on leashes... it was mentally exhausting!!

Qotd:  i made clam chowder the other day and loved it.  We are going to the coast this weekend and plan to make it again.. we will see how it goes over since the last time I made it I was alone. 🤔

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Marquette is in August and I definitely plan on seeing picture rocks... lived there 5 years and never made it there.

Skipped the run again today and spent 2 hours mtn. biking. A little warm again today but another front will roll thru this evening and tomorrow sounds like it will be spectacular. Convinced DW to take the dogs home with her tonight so I am freed up to do a long and epic run in the morning over in the Pictured Rocks National Shore. It's a pretty good drive from here so between the drive to and fro and the run it will be an all day event. Google up images of it if you're not real familiar as it is some awesome shoreline with rock formations, beaches, and mile high dunes.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Currently at Roller Derby match, my first ever, no clue.

Now  that's a throw back to the 60s or maybe 70s. They used to be really popular back in those days. I heard a little while back that they were starting to get popular again in some areas.

Sandy-2

Throwback indeed, yeah I remember watching it on TV as a kid.  I barely understood the rules then and I still don't, but I guess I may be going more....  It was fun, by the way it's just a recreational league, so it's not crazy competitive or overly violent.  It was her first official bout and she had an absolute blast and did really well.  She just got started in it and had to basically re-learn how to skate, because a friend of hers wanted to go and asked my DD if she'd go with her, of course she said 'sure why not?'

tbd.