Trailer Trash

Tired? Tuesday (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

quiet morning. Everyone tired from the long weekend?  Heading out at lunch with a faster friend for about 4 hilly miles. The really warm weather has passed thankfully. More to come later this week. though. Spring is definitely showing it's early signs, which, IMO, is not good.

Queen-- How are you faring with the storms?

qotd: How much do you cook vs eat out? In my household right now, it's me almost 100% of the time, and we eat mostly home prepared foods. It's hard keeping up with 4 athletes, 2 of which are teenage boys. Older DS will be off to college in 1.5 years. I was wondering this morning what it will be like to have one less eater in the house.  Just FYI, we've gone thru 5 lbs of apples and maybe 5 lbs of oranges in 48 hours. Back to the store again today.

AT-runner

Tim

Got a new pair of Olympus 2.0's in yesterday.  I tried out the Paradigm's and didn't like them.  I've worn Olympus models for timed races since they came out and looks like I'll be wearing them again this year. The Paradigm's are supposed to be just like the Olympus but more for roads, but they did not feel good, and after 2 long runs with them I had sore feet, so out of the rotation they go.

DC - always good to run with a faster friend once in a while.

Burke - saw this and thought of you. The Louisiana part, and not the elderly part. 

QOTD:  Empty nesters now, so we tend to eat out more than when we had house full of kids.  Probably 50/50 if I include lunch.  As far as dinner goes, we go out at least 2-3 times a week.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

7 tired miles. Takes me two days to get sore from sudays race. Not sure if I'm raceing this weekend.

qotd  about 50/50 for us too. Usually cook two big meals with lots of leftovers and grill one or two things then lots of eating out.

qotd 2  have any of you tried dry needleing? I watched someone do it sun and it looked like it hurt. I know it hurt but if it helps>

LB2

Today will probably be a rest day. We had a heck of a rainstorm last night, and I am on a 5 day per week schedule right now for running. I'll just run the next 5 days in a row. Actually, I will likely run the next 7 days in a row, maybe even 9. We'll see.

AT: Hahaha. That was a good one. I am looking at new shoes myself. I just don't want to pay 150 for a new pair of Olympus right now. I am hoping they will come out with a new version soon. However, what do you think of the Olympus 2.0? I may splurge. I am looking at the Hoka Stinson ATR3, but the last version of the Stinson I bought tore my big toe up on the outside. Then, I read a review that said the ATR 3 was not as squishy as the original couple of versions. However, they also said that the Speedgoat had that squishiness. I think I will wait a week because I do have a pair of Scotts with almost no miles and a pair of Olympus 1.5's with almost no mileage. And my day to day running is done in some Lone Peak's.

QOTD: It seems the last few weeks have been more busy than normal. As such, we have eaten out more than normal lately. I like to cook, and I do cook almost every night. However, Monday's I teach a night class, and my wife tutors on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at her school. I normally have supper cooked when they get home.

LB2

Daydreamer1

No running today, Partly because it's gym day.  before I go I have to run and pick up my new glasses, then run to the store, so actually I will be "running", just not with my legs.  Right now I'm skipping doing a lot of cardio on gym days. I think I see more strength gains that way and lifting for two hours is tiring in itself.

AT - Love your post .

QOTD:  Right now it's at least 80-90% us cooking if I don't count getting some meals when I work.  It's healthier, a lot cheaper and for some reason we've become too time constrained so it's actually quicker. Of course we have to drive 15-20 miles for most better restaurants as all but one the local joints are pizza type shops.  I'd rather limit how much we go out then spend more on a good steak at somewhere like Longhorn.

Runtrail - I feel your pain with the kids eating everything. Since DS moves out we go thru a lot less food.

QOTD2: Dry needeling? Never head of that so I'll have to look it up when I have time. Sounds like it hurts if those needles are going into my body.

AT-runner

Tim

I just don't want to pay 150 for a new pair of Olympus right now. I am hoping they will come out with a new version soon. However, what do you think of the Olympus 2.0? 

I only by on sale, so Amazon has the Olympus 2.0's in Pewter / Racing Red for $112 right now. The other colors are $145. Only 1 run in them so far, and feel pretty good.  They felt good right out of the box.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The wind was howling last night making it really hard to sleep.  It didn't help that my husband was saying "shit" with everyone gust that sounded like a train headed your way.  We are surrounded by towering pines.  But we survived again.   still bailing out the basement.  So I think that answers trailDC question.  Running hmm not doing so good.  Seems like I am skipping the better weather and than running in the crap!  WTF is wrong with me!/!  Have a 50k this weekend that feel like I am a bit under trained and it will hurt the last 12 miles but it's a point to point so no quitting.

Today..slept in and WILL run with mutts when I get home.  Hubby headed south and I am left with no car so relying on the kindness of strangers.  Planned on asking a guy at work to drive me and he called in sick.  So well ahh if I don't get a ride to work I guess I will stay home. 

QOTD:  I cook ALL the meals...OK he may do about 4 a year and occasional helps by dicing vegis.  We eat out at least twice a week; nothing fancy more for entertainment pub type eating.  I am so burned out on planning meals. I'd be happy if someone cooked dinner for me where as my husband wants me to cook things

NHLA:   No ideal what that is..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I plan on doing 5 after work today.

We had a heck of a rainstorm last night....

LB2, I guess that is what we had here yesterday, just sent it over your way.  We got about 2 to 3" of rain here yesterday, one reason I took a SRD yesterday.

qotd: We used to go out more but now we usually go out once a week.  Mostly because we eat "more healthy" and less when we're home. I also bring lunch to work most days for the same reason.

qotd2: I just googled dry needling, and I can say that I have no interest.

tbd.

LB2

QOTD2: Dry needeling? Never head of that so I'll have to look it up when I have time. Sounds like it hurts if those needles are going into my body.

I know what dry needling is. I had a friend who had it done for his back and knee pain, sciatica. It gave him some relief. He had been doing a lot of hiking and biking. I told him it sounded like something to do with his piriformis. He did not know what I was talking about. I told him to do some stretches like the ones jonferg told me about on here, which changed my life. It helped him, too. But he was out of work for a couple of months.

Anyone heard from jon?

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Got a new pair of Olympus 2.0's in yesterday.  I tried out the Paradigm's and didn't like them.  I've worn Olympus models for timed races since they came out and looks like I'll be wearing them again this year. The Paradigm's are supposed to be just like the Olympus but more for roads, but they did not feel good, and after 2 long runs with them I had sore feet, so out of the rotation they go.

Interesting.  I love both the Olympus and the Paradigms.  I may actually like the Paradigms a little more.  I was surprised by how much I liked them.  (You know, during the once in a blue moon I'm able to run.  )

Running is dumb.