Trailer Trash

Dreary Weekendailies. (Read 18 times)

Daydreamer1

Kind of yucky, sucky weather around here.  If it seems odd that I'm complaining about the rainy weather after praying for it, well, it's because I'm a grumpy old man and nothing suits me or pleases me. Gotta be grumpy to be happy ya know .  Actually I wouldn't mind the dark, dank weather if it would give me some meaningful rain. Right now it's just dripping on and off just enough to not have a nice day, but not enough to really do much good. On the bright side though It might soften the ground enough that if we get the remnants of next weeks hurricane it won't all run off.

Going to work on some things around the house, then head up on the mountain for a run. Hoping for at least 15 miles, maybe closer to 20.

QOTD:  A few days ago the question was if you had to move where to. For the weekend lets look at it the opposite way.

Where is a place or places, that you either never want to have to live or would not care if you never seen again?

For me it's Southern Maryland. I was born there and lived there for the first 10 1/2 years of my life. I have some fond memories of running wild and free through the woods, hunting rabbits (and digging the old beagle/bassett mutt out of some hole he crawled into), creating mountain bike trails before the mt bike craze started, almost falling into beaver ponds, being a victim of civil rights era busing, and a few other memories.  So why don't I like it?  I'm really not sure why. I don't really hate the area, but when I go back to visit, even when my grandmother was still alive, I feel no connection to the area and actually become depressed. Sometime i do want to go back to stop by my grandparents grave. All family members have moved away and I don't think anyone has even been there since my Grandmother died.

Two years ago I had signed up for the Frozen Hearts 50k then they got dumped on by snow so i didn't go. I may try again this spring but If I never see the area again it won't be a big loss. And if I had to live there.............not sure all the psychologists in the would could save my mental health.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Headed for Missoula to see the DGK's, oldest DD and DSIL- we're going to babysit so they can get an evening out.  Run my last race of the year tomorrow, the Blue Mtn 30k- the forecast has improved significantly from a few days ago- was calling for rain and 30-40 degrees, now lows in the upper 30's, highs in the low 60's- no rain 

qotd: basically anywhere hot- probably most of the SE and most of the SW, would also add anywhere too crowded as well- that eliminates a wide swath of places I could live comfortably 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Still raining here, so got a bit wet today. Was a mix between light drizzle and hard rain.  No wind, and that helped.  Stayed on the road to avoid any slips and falls on the muddy trails.  Too close to our trip to get hurt now.

QOTD:  Never really been to a place that I disliked so much that I wouldn't return.  As far as  moving, it has to have 4 seasons.  Not a fan of high heat, so South is out.

Dd- I have relatives in Southern MD, and they love it.   My grandfather had a bar in Chesapeake Beach.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

4.5 miles last night,  rest day today  and Blues Cruise  tomorrow. Looks like it's gonna be a little wet.

QOTD  I would not like to live in any big cities.  I prefer quiet and more open areas.

runtraildc

Hi all,

Just under 5 with the running group this morning. It was pouring rain 15 min before our meeting time, so it was a small group (even though it had tapered off to a light mist).  Ended up with a fast 3 yesterday with a friend. Will get in some short and easy yoga later this afternoon. Having some tightness in my right quad that is aggravating the hamstring, which is eerily familiar to something I had 1.5 years ago, but on the other side.  Needs some work.

qotd: Someplace I don't care if I return to or ever want to live?  Dallas,Texas.  I'd extend that to all of Texas, mainly considering Houston and far south, but I've heard that the Big Bend area is stunning. My apologies to you, Sandy.  No offense intended. It was just too sprawling, too many people and the climate.

some call me Tim

Ah, good day! Things are finally brightening up around here after a slate sky and drizzle start. I will probably get 15 in today, hilly road miles but taken easy. Counting down to race day now- I ought to make a paper chain. I haven't been this on edge for a race since I don't know when.

Good luck tomorrow, Muppy!

Daydreamer, it sounds like there's more to that, but our feelings about places from way back are often difficult to plumb the depths of. There are certainly places from my past that I never want to return to, and as far as I can tell it's the character of the place- the way life is lived there, that gets under my skin. However,

qotd: somewhat like Warden only more specific, I'm gonna jointly pick Phoenix and Orlando. I actually like heat, but I do not like to be in an oven of poop and car exhaust or a hot tub of lizards and Mickey Mouse.

Sandy-2

5 tapering miles this morning.  Weather down here is pretty good. No rain and about 60 this morning.

(Edit: Same as above for Sunday.)

qotd: I'm not a big fan of east Texas, where I'm currently living.  Moved here because of a company relocation and in my vocation I didn't have a lot of choices (sure there are other companies but most are also located here as well).  I'll never get used to the heat and humidity around here. So much prefer 4 seasons!!  runtraildc, as I guess you can tell, no offense taken at all.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I've been lagging on the runs and am now trying to get the energy together to head out fir at least 10 miles.  We are expecting rain in the afternoon.

Qotd: so cal...will never return to a larege city.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Felt pretty good on my long run today. Weird weather, in that it was 60 degrees but very foggy and humid. Felt hot and damp despite the temperature.  2 sections where I could barely see 5 yards ahead of me. If there had been a clown sightings, I wouldn't have been too surprised.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Got up on the mountain a little late yesterday and ran in a steady rain. Wasn't too bad, other than my legs seemed to give out before I wanted them to. Ended up with 14 miles.

Just got back in from my 6.3 mile loop on the roads. I was going to head up on the mountain for about 8 miles, but I came home from church and fell asleep so I didn't have time before heading off to work.

NHLA

9 miles sat on the roads and 9 miles sun. on the trails.  49 this morning high 70

qotd  WV