Trailer Trash

Call of the Wilds Mountain Marathon (RACE REPORT) (Read 36 times)

Brian Runner

Congrats on the race and nice race report.  I like what I'm hearing about this race!

Thanks. Put it on your to do list for next August.

Brian Runner

congrats to you and Maria!  And thanks for the race report, sounds grueling

Thanks. Its run through a beautiful, but cruel piece of central Pa, and just keeps throwing climb after climb at runners...

Brian Runner

Congratulations, well run!

I found the early climbs harder than the ones after about 15 miles, even though they were about the same difficulty, perhaps even harder because they were longer. But by then, I had adjusted, I guess.

I also felt that the aid stations were a bit beyond what the chart had said, but thought that it was just me, LOL.

The final climb (Panther Run) was quit a bit shorter. The early climbs had the advantage of being less fatigued. Where the race really started getting tough for me was the big climb with the switch backs. That and the climb after it were tough.

Yeah, i'm glad to hear you felt the same way about the aid stations. One of the course designers tried to tell me they were right where they said but that my GPS was off and they used pro surveying equipment. I don't believe that for a second, given that everybody was getting similar results, and I've run plenty of trail races where everything is where expected.

muppy

Nice job on a tough course, congratulations! I'm glad the snakes didn't get you!

Brian Runner

Nice job on a tough course, congratulations! I'm glad the snakes didn't get you!

After 7 hours in motion I just might have let them have me.... hehe