Trailer Trash

Torrential Rain Tuesday. (Read 18 times)

LB2

I ran 6 this morning. I took the last week or so and mostly rested. I have had a decent build up to this training phase, but I needed a little break before jumping headlong into it. This morning was a great run in the rain, first rain run in a long, long, long time.

QOTD: Do you enjoy running in the rain? Yes. I like running in the rain, but I normally don't do it because I mostly run in the AM. Most of our rain is in the afternoon, and it is often accompanied with lightning. I avoid lightning.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 4 very easy miles on some flat trails. First trail run in 2 weeks, and felt great to be amongst the trees.  Legs feel good, left foot has a blister that's didn't bother me with shoe on but makes walking barefoot look funny. All in all, I survived intact.

Hope Warden did well at the Bob Marshall Open. Can't wait to hear about it.

QOTD:  If it's going to rain, I don't mind it as much if it starts after I stared running. Since I drive to trail heads most of the time, it's hard to force myself out of the car while it's raining, but I do it anyway.  Only lightning will stop me. Some of my best runs have been in the rain.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Most likely a run tonight during DD's soccer practice.

AT - I am impressed you are back out there so quick.

QOTD: It depends.  The other night I waited pretty late to run and by that time it was pouring.  Our road becomes a river in weather like that so I decided to go to the gym.  Usually though, if it's not pouring I don't mind it at all.  If it's summer and a light rain, it feels great.

Have a great day.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Rest day yesterday after a high volume week/weekend. Plan is for 6 or 7 tonight on the trails with the Lady or maybe if it dries out mow the damn yard again. It's been wet and grey since Sunday afternoon it seems.

QOTD: Sure, I don't mind running in the rain, but like AT says I prefer the rain to start after I've been out for a mile or two. I've had a few epic rain ultras, such as MMT100 where 2 big spring t-storms rolled through with downpours and lightening, and my first Laurel Highlands Ultra a similar dousing for most of the afternoon into evening.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Ended up with just over 8 yesterday. After the morning's race, I did another 4 miles at a park on the Bay. The local running club holds a 6 hour race there in a couple of weeks, running on the 4+ mile loop. It's a nice park, and although the trail is paved, it's mostly in the woods. Once around, however, is enough for me.

qotd: It has to start once I'm out, unless it's a light drizzle. Don't like pouring rain either way and definitely avoid lightning, or high winds with downpours (topping trees are not uncommon on my trails).

AT-runner

Tim

AT - I am impressed you are back out there so quick.

A lot to be said for muscle memory.  Also, I seem to do better with active recovery.  Rest recovery makes my legs feel stiffer.

I'l get a RR up soon. It's a lot to remember.

AT-runner

Tim

qotd: It has to start once I'm out, unless it's a light drizzle. Don't like pouring rain either way and definitely avoid lightning, or high winds with downpours (topping trees are not uncommon on my trails).

Yes, that's a big problem with the age of the trees in your area.  My cousin, in Solver Spring,  just "lost" 2 cars to a neighbors tree that dropped last week in a storm. Missed the housed but his cars were in the driveway and took a direct hit.

Daydreamer1

Got home from work late. Was talking with one of the oncoming crew about a Alaska trip he and his wife are taking. Has me kind of jealous and thinking of ways to stow away in the pickup.  Since then I've been hard at it doing battle with the sparrows.  It seems like my Bluebirds had a successful nest and fledged their young over the weekend.  So this morning the sparrows were trying to take over the nest. Finally got the male with the pellet gun while he was in the nest so then I had to clean it out.

Going to head out a little later for a few miles. At least 5 but hopefully closer to 7-8 miles.

NHLA - Saw your post yesterday. 29 is too young to go.

QOTD:  I don't mind it and sometimes I really enjoy it. I can't get myself to start out though if it's a downpour but if it's light rain or starts while running I don't care.  I used to love riding my bike in the rain.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Gym at lunch and run after work with mutts...in the 5 to 6ish range.

QOTD:  I hate starting in the rain but have no problem once I am out there if it starts raining.  We don't get rain in CA in the warm months.  I don't think I would have any problem running in a warm rain.

AT:  Your a true runner.  If I ran 126 miles in two days I would definitely take a week off!  It could just be that I am lazy.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Looked for the flattest course I could find for my 5 miles today.

qotd: Running in the rain depends on the temperature and wind. I really do not like a cold windy rain. Summer rains, minus the lightning, are very refreshing unless it's a downpour.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.