Trailer Trash

Starting the Mondailies (Read 31 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Ok, I'll start em.

SRD for me. I'm pleased with my weekend mileage and recovery, I needed the confidence boost

for my next race.

TT: I was thinking about you yesterday, wondered why you hadn't been around. Sorry to hear about mom, 97

is one heck of a good run, it's good that you had that with her. My condolences.

QOTD: Hunting season coming up, anyone run where hunters do their thing?

me: yes, and it kinda pisses me off.

Sandy-2

Good morning jonferg67.

SRD for me too.

TT: Sorry to hear about your Mom. Sounds like she had a very good 97 years.  My condolances.

qotd: I try to avoid running in the same areas when folks are out hunting.  I'll stay in the parks where hunting is prohibited.  But still wear bright colors just in case.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Morning trailers,

Got in a total of 28 miles this weekend (16 Sat, 12 Sun) though none on trails Undecided. I am actually more sore than last weekend's 32 (20+12) likely due to the stress of the roads. Definitely going to appreciate a SRD today. Also looking forward to the Vermont 50k this weekend!

TT: Sorry to hear about your mom. My condolences.

QOTD: No, I mainly run within the Philly city limits, and even in our big parks I'm sure hunting is not allowed.

runtraildc

Morning!  Got in a quick 'instant' run this morning, a little over 3 miles.  I'll run a 4 mile route home from work later to get in a few more miles.  It was nice to get in a morning run for a change.

TT- I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  97 healthy years is a blessing, but I'm sure the loss is still as tough.  My condolences for you and your family.

qotd- not really, and the downside is that the trails are infested with deer.  Which can make for interesting runs in the fall when they really could care less about humans...

AT-runner

Tim

I did a total of 4 miles this weekend.  Was in the office all weekend setting up computers and loading our new health records software.  We switch today, so my staff hates me now.

TT- Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

QOTD:  I avoid very active areas, and luckily PA still has no hunting on Sundays.  Also the AT is off limits to hunters, so I always have that option.  Deer season starts after Thanksgiving here, so still have some time to get the orange ready.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

6 speedy road miles this morning and a core workout at the gym. That will be my last bit of serious effort between now and my race on Friday.

QOTD: I don't give it any thought.

LB2

Grand total of 0 miles this weekend. However, I did replace a column on the back porch, which was more than I bargained for once we got started. I did score a new treadmill, for free. I need that thing for some climbing work over the next year. I will not take anything for granted. I will do 5 or so this evening after work and before the wife and kids get home.

QOTD: I don't deer hunt anymore. I did, however, go once last year and killed a doe. But I don't consider myself a deer hunter anymore. I have some areas where I run where people deer hunt, but I am lucky in that the main place I run is on my hunting lease. The other folks are shift workers who work the same shift, so every other weekend is the only time they hunt. So, it isn't an issue because I can easily work around that. Right there at the house, I have an alternate route that doesn't disturb anyone. I just have to do more loops to get any decent mileage, and I am okay with that considering that I have used a quarter mile track to do long runs at times and my mind can zone out when I need it to.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

happy to report my cold is in it's last throws, my run yesterday felt great- strength training this evening

qotd: not too much hunting activity where I run, but I usually wear orange (or bright green) so I can be seen

I've seen some nice bucks while running and have always thought about rigging up a rifle biathlon style Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Morning people,

Couple good trail runs this weekend in the north country. Fall is happening up there as there was already a lot of color and I actually had to get a fire going in the shack. Color will be peaking in about 10 days up there I'm thinking. Magical but brief period.   SRD on the running but I will do the weights and elliptical shortly.

TT--Sad to hear. Condolences.

Warden--I'm with you on toting a firearm. I keep saying I'm going to buy a lightweight single shot shotgun and cut the barrel down to about 24" and run with it. The grouse will just sit there on the trails almost mesmerized as I approach while running. It would really be too easy though. Just wouldn't seem right plus I would feel almost unfaithful to my dog. Wink

QOTD--Running with hunting going on around me is just fine. I have no concerns. I do wish the state parks would remain as no hunting though.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

5 Miles (2.3 with Weston) around the soggy lollypop (which includes about 3/4 mile of trails).  Felt better than on Friday, since I was buying a car on Saturday instead of trail running. I had put a lowball Ebay bid on it, and wound up winning.  Still waiting to see whether this was good or bad luck.

Tapering continues...

11.06, 10.37, 10.06, 9.31, 10.25

QOTD: I remember last year at Mountain Madness seeing a group of bow hunters all dressed in camo getting out of their truck, and applying fox urine so the deer wouldn't smell them.  Of course, the woods were filled that day with 150 sweaty, smelly trail runners, so I think the deer had all left for the day.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

moonlightrunner

I will run 3-4. sometime this morning. Then a few run/hike miles with a friend recovering from an injury later. Having problems with a lack of motivation or run #1 would be done.

TT: so sorry for your loss.

qotd: I run in the state park where there is seasonal hunting. One year I ran Thanksgiving morning on the hiking/MTB trails. There was a hunter sitting next to the trail it seemed around

every curve! Talk about lazy! I run urban trails where hunting is not allowed but every year iI see them....4 of them.... loaded on their fourwheeler, toting their guns. They even set up blinds. I don't avoid either area. I don't have many trails close by.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

DigDug2

6.6 this morning on rail trail/road.  Beautiful cool, clear morning.  Had a good weekend - 23 miles Friday evening, SRD on Saturday and a fun short (4 mile) trail race yesterday.  Tapering for the next couple of weeks.

QOTD:  If there are hunters out around my trails, they're violating a lot of posted bans and keeping themselves very well hidden.

LB2

I've seen some nice bucks while running and have always thought about rigging up a rifle biathlon style Big grin

I have the perfect rifle for that. But I don't know where to start to rig one up like that. I don't really deer hunt anymore, but one of the reasons I got into trail running was after a hunt where I was able to see a buck from a long, long way off. He was moving, so I had to run a pretty good distance to get around on him. Long story short, he got by me, but his buddy did not. It was one of the best deer hunts I have ever had. I could definitely get at least one deer a year if I had my rifle rigged up like that.

LB2

The pooch and I did 5 miles of trail this morning.  The weather is getting to be optimum for running with the arrival of fall.

Thanks to all for your kind thoughts.  Mom was an amazing lady.  She was still doing century bike rides well into her 70's.  Right up to this past month of illness she was walking without a cane and living in an independent living apartment only recently moved from her house.  So we are thankful for her long healthy life despite the loss.

QOTD:  I like to hunt and don't mind the hunters, but I do avoid them when running with Marley.  She really likes to roll in deer gut bags and I'd just as soon avoid that.  She is intent on finding them, so we mostly run in non hunting areas during archery deer season (most of where we run is off limits for firearms).

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

XtremeTaper

Not sure what is on tap for me today in the run department. I'd like to get out for an hour but may be time pressed.

QOTD: I don't worry about hunters too much with the exception of rifle deer season. There are some trails that I regularly run that are no hunting zones all season so I just head there to run during the busy part of hunting season. Thankfully PA still has the "no hunting on Sunday law" so I use that day to run in the state parks, forest game lands, and other places that are open to hunting. While I am not a hunter I respect people's right to hunt.  I realize there are some yahoos out there but I suspect the majority of hunters are good folks and it seems like a basic human survival trait that should not be discounted.

In dog beers, I've only had one.