Trailer Trash

The Thursday (Read 21 times)

some call me Tim

Nice catch, Daydreamer! That is such a common tactic. The Impreza's a good car. We've had a couple over the years. Even my wife's current ride, the '08 version which collects ice in the wheel wells like nobody's business, is still a great car.

3 at tempo today, with strides thrown in. I've kept that up and I don't know if it's that or the effect of a drastic cut in mileage (went from 68/w to 24 and 14) but tempo effort keeps yielding faster paces. I could have done a couple of things better, but in all it's been a solid training block.

Qotd: I am also a daydreamer, so yeah, it happens all the time. At least I think. This is one of those things where you have to wonder if we're all talking about the same kind of experience

Sandy-2

SRD today. Currently in Virginia hanging out 'til the run tomorrow evening.

XT, when our dog got older and only had 3 legs, she'd still bark and whine when I'd put my running stuff on. I'd still feel bad about leaving her behind. Of course my DW said it was all for show since as soon as I'd get out of sight she'd wag her tail and lie down all happy.

He barks at me instead when I take the gsp out.

Qotd: not usually in races or even 100 milers since they are typically on new trails and I have to watch for trail markers. But if I'm doing a 'normal loop' or route, zoning out happens all the time and sometimes I don't remember making turns afterwards.

tbd.

NHLA

6 miles on Echo Mt.  High was 70!!

qotd  I zone out often. Get near the end of a run and  have to look at my watch to make sure I ran.

Daydreamer1

He just turned 8. Its tough to think I might be loosing my running partner, we've had us some dandy times, early morning runs will never be the same. Hoping he's just going though a ruff spell. Lord knows I go through enough of them maybe it's his turn.

Hopefully he just needs a little recovery.  My dog didn't have much problems keeping up or seeming tired until he hit about 10 but I was only running about 4 to 4 1/2 miles with him.  When he did start to have problems though I think it was heart related. I'm sure he either had a heart attack or heat stroke shortly after he turned 10.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

The Impreza's a good car. We've had a couple over the years. 

Agreed- we've had three over the last 16 years (all WRX's), we sold our last one and came very close to buying our fourth, but DW wanted something with just a little more ground clearance, so got a Forester XT this go round- same engine as the WRX, same AWD layout, similar suspension, etc

they are very safe cars, both from a crash perspective and driving- awd in the winter is very nice (I would still recommend good winter tires for winter driving though)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Watching football after meeting a bunch of former coworkers from my last gig and drinking too many beers.  Thought I'd lurk a tad but felt compelled to add my 2 cents on this--

8 all by myself, Mr Jangles has lost his running mojoe. Not sure what the deal is but lately after a couple he just stops running. He acts has normal as he ever has, still dances before a run he just peters out. Giving him some time off, running without my partner just isn't the same, it's got me in a fonk too.

Get him tested for lyme or just tell the vet you want to put him on doxycycline regardless of whether he has had the vaccine or the test. My first 4 springers all had it at one time or another and I just completed my 5th time being treated.  You live in Michigan afterall. 8 yrs old sounds just a little early for the old age slow down especially so suddenly.

When I have a little more clarity I'll post on the updates of my achilles situation. Have two appointments tomorrow. (sigh) Just love dealing with the medical circus.