Trailer Trash

Pie Appreciation Thread (Read 34 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

These were the three pies that my family entered into the pie contest at the company picnic:

Scottish tassie walnut pie, caramel apple pie, Oreo cookie pie

There was a tie between the walnut (made by my DD) and the Oreo cookie (made by my boys) pies

Sweet

Daydreamer1

I'll cast the tie breaking vote on this......The prize goes to the boys .  Oreo Cookie pie, Yum.

These were the three pies that my family entered into the pie contest at the company picnic:

Scottish tassie walnut pie, caramel apple pie, Oreo cookie pie

There was a tie between the walnut (made by my DD) and the Oreo cookie (made by my boys) pies

I make an awesome apple pie.  I like pecan too, but have never baked one myself (that is DWs territory).

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Pecan pie--nah, no thanks.

I'm looking forward to my trip to Wyoming in a few weeks and score some huckleberry pie. 

^ this, except everyone knows the huckleberries in Montana are vastly superior to Wyoming berries Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

^ this, except everyone knows the huckleberries in Montana are vastly superior to Wyoming berries Big grin

Yeah, I'm thinking you are right on that one. I'll probably have to work a little to find a pie whereas in your great state every diner and cafe is touting their pie. I'm salivating just thinking about them.  I wonder if if I were able to get them locally I would be so crazy about them but when you have to travel to get them they are really, really special.

Years ago I researched those things to try to grow them for myself. Alas, it's just not gonna work here. Damn flatlands!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Amazing! No mention yet of strawberry-rhubarb pie or deep dish blackberry cobbler.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Birdwell

Amazing! No mention yet of strawberry-rhubarb pie or deep dish blackberry cobbler.

cobbler is not pie.

Cobbler is worthy of it's own thread.

Gator eye

My lovely daughter made me a raspberry pie made with wild raspberries we picked. Yum yum

apple would be my second favorite.