Trailer Trash

Monday, Monday........ (Read 17 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Had a nice weekend; met up with George (wcrunner) on Friday evening and drove out to the Elkhorn pre-race meeting/dinner.  George won a really nice handmade bowl for being the person to travel the farthest for the 50k (the 50 miler had a gal come all the way from Japan!)

selfie w/ George and I to keep on the good side of Queen 

Had a lot of fun visiting with George, he's very well travelled and very well read and we both share a great love of the wild outdoors; I'll post up a short report on the race soon

going to bike to work and strength train this evening

qotd: do you have a favorite post race meal?  juicy 1/2 # burger and fries usually does the trick for me; of course a couple of cold craft beers to wash it all down 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Happy Monday! Got to the gym early and got my run and step machine in with a little strength training.

That's a good looking bowl George won.

QOTD: My body usually craves a big juicy cheeseburger/hamburger.  I am not usually a big fast food person but I will often hit up a burger joint (Wendy's if I can) on the drive home.  I am unsure what it is that my body needs in there but it is quite a different hunger than any other time.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Nice photo op. Hope you guys had a great time.

I'm pretty sore today from my superman fall yesterday (see picture in weekend thread).  Hands are all torn up and right knee lost a lot of skin. Tossed and turned in bed since everything hurt to touch.  Best road rash I've had in a while.  Still funny how I had no problem on the wet rocky trails for miles and 3/4 miles on the logging road and BAM.

Lost a lot of skin. Left hand looks a bit better than this one.

QOTD:  Burger made at home or at a good restaurant. I don't eat fast food. Pizza works, too.  Pre-race is always pancakes and eggs.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Looking good, George and Mike! 

Lots of biking miles for me over the weekend.  I tried a short run, but the hammy is still angry.

QOTD: Pizza!  Or a veggie burger and fries.  Or Mexican.

Running is dumb.

NHLA

6 miles in the humidity.

qotd  Black and Blue burger from Black Rose.  Burger with blue cheese and bacon!

Qskar Blues Brewery  Chub Burger. They raise their own beef. Great burger.

Daydreamer1

Yesterday's ride ended up being 22.5 miles on the mountain bike. A little more road then I would have liked but you have to get between the trails somehow.  Haven't been on any single track in 6 years but actually did a decent job.  Didn't walk very much, only fell once and cleaned some  rocky sections that I didn't think I could.  Had one near collision with a 24" Oak tree that was avoided when it jumped out of my way . Still don't know how I missed it so It must have moved at the last moment.  Ended up averaging 7.5 MPH. I thought that wasn't too bad until I realized that a lot of runners could have kept up with me .  Upper body is starting to feel just a little sore so It was a good workout.

Planning on 7-8 miles this afternoon before work.

Warden - Thanks for the pictures.  Can't wait for the reports.

QOTD: BBQ Chicken. Several of the northern PA races always have delicious BBQ chicken.   It's typically good enough that I would sign up for the race just to get the chicken.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So I didn't get any long run in this weekend so my goal was to run 10 this morning..didn't happen but got 6.32 in.  Goal tomorrow, run 10 miles in   I did carve out a new little connector trail for me that allows me to pass the very curvy section of my road.  I have taken a new approach to running to help my heel, walk 200 yards and now with this new connector I walk/run it as the dogs do their things.  In the past I took off full speed on road and up hill...

QOTD:  It use to be a burger but I don't do red meat anymore...beer yes of course...but food a choice would be a good pizza...which we lack in my area.    Need to find a place that serves turkey burgers.

Sandy:  Yea for getting hosed..that's the fun spirit!

Warden:

AT:  Working with some folks to ride share from Vegas and they started talking about training for GC.   like maybe I do need to train.  This is 44 miles in 3 days!!

DD: Do I understand correctly that your son got a new Mt Bike and than didn't even go riding with you!!! most people can't wait to try out their new stuff.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

DD: Do I understand correctly that your son got a new Mt Bike and than didn't even go riding with you!!! most people can't wait to try out their new stuff.

Yep. Spent about $1800.00 on it. He's been riding with some friends several times.  He didn't have any plans yesterday and I thought that he might like to see where some nice trails were but he didn't seem interested in riding with the old man.

muppy

6.4 miles on the trails at my work yesterday.

QOTD  i'm always good with cheeseburgers or pizza or Chinese or ice cream, I'm not fussy!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Need to find a place that serves turkey burgers.

Nah, just find a place that does a good veggie burger. 

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

I traded Sunday for Monday this week, what that means is I took a SRD on Sun and then did 10 Mon after work.  What it REALLY means is that I was a little hung over Sunday morning.

AT  -  it's always the case, then you finish the technical stuff and get on to something easy you let your concentration slip. . .  then bam!!  When I did that superman thing a while back worse than scraping the knee and palms, was that I messed up my shoulder. I thought it was a rotator cuff thing, but eventually it healed itself.

qotd: agree, I like a burger or a nice steak.  Crave that protein.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Your right

Nah, just find a place that does a good veggie burger. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Getting in lots of good hiking with lots of vertical gain. Good training for the next trail race. Spectacular views but pics have to wait until I get home and upload from my camera.

QOTD - Nothing special. I'll eat almost anything available.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

Looks like a nice time at Elkhorn. I ran 6 Monday AM.

QOTD: Cheeseburger is usually something I crave.

LB2