Trailer Trash

Happy Friday (Read 28 times)

NHLA

6.5 miles Fletcher Park. Fletcher Park rated best park in western NC. Police Station nx door so ladies are not afraid to run alone,

First morning group run for 4 seasons running club. Only two runners showed but group leader is one of those crazy ultra trail guys.

He might be a good influence on me.

qotd  Have you ever thought something was nuts but found out it works?

DD is a vet tech working for a holeistic vet.  Acupunture for cats is kind of funny but I have quit laughing.

Try Arnicare Cream. We call it hippie cream. Like WD40 is works on everything. Pain relief muscle pain & stiffness-swelling from injuries and Bruising.

runtraildc

Heading out to the bay with DH for a day of kiting and running.  I'll get some miles in on the very flat trails and enjoy this sunshine we're having.

qotd:  PrepH on skin abrasions, minor cuts and healing (not weeping) rashes.   Worked in a raptor rehab clinic in college and we applied it to their feet when they had cuts and sores.  It's weird, but it works -- speeds up the healing time a lot.

And NHLA-- my sister is a vet who worked with an acupuncturist.  She tried it on her cat, saying that she couldn't recommend her without at least trying it, and it worked. Didn't cure her, but it alleviated many of her symptoms.  Works on humans so it makes sense that it would work in the rest of the animal world, just seems funny though.

Good luck to all the racers and pacers out there!

jonferg67

Endless trails

My DW is having an endoscopy this morning so I'm waiting for

her right now. Beautiful day here in NY, I plan to play in the

woods this afternoon when we get home.

QOTD: There is a pressure point in the webbing between

thumb and finger, pinch it to relieve headache.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I was going to run last night and just didn't feel like it.  Hope I don't feel that way tomorrow.

Jon - endoscopy eh?? sounds like a good time 

LB2 - GL tomorrow.  By the time I am done with my fun run, yours will be getting to the good stuff! You are going to do well.

QOTD: Nothing comes to mind but the imagine of a cat with needles sticking out of them gave me a smile . Does that make me a mean person? (probably).

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

6.7 miles last night, was one of those fun runs were your legs feel good and everything feels easy.

QOTD I  can't really think of anything.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today. Sitting in OR waiting room as my mom is having shoulder surgery. I have two friends working on her, so know she's in good hands. Was going good to rake leaves later, but they blew away last night.

Good luck to Burke, Kelly and Jamie this weekend on their fun runs. Anyone else racing or pacing? Good luck to Nancy for volunteering at Stone Mill 50 - keep an eye on the big guy!

QOTD : Doritos make  a good fire starter. DS and I had a wet hike and had hard time finding dry tender. We had seen story about Doritos, and they lit and we got fire going.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

This was may opportunity to get in some runs while Jamie takes it easy before his 50 miler...it didn't happen.  I felt tired all Tuesday and when I woke up weds I felt like hell.  Appears  I got a little cold so I didn't run Weds but I did help my husband put a metal garage thing.  I pulled something in my back.  So just rolling over in bed was painful.  Thursday I thought about a lunch run but decided it was OK to give my body a break.  By the end of the night I felt great and planned a run in the am but when I woke up my back was stiff and sore again.  So didn't run going to gym at lunch and than I think I will add a run after since my boss is gone.   Plus this weekend we have company which is going to get in the way of running again. 

QOTD Weds:  My two uncles served and my cousin is currently in Active Army Reserves and in Afghanistan right now. 

QOTD Thurs: Thanks for all the jokes...I can't think of one right now.  I am more of a one liner jokester.

QOTD Fri:  I had this heal pain and was rubbing my foot and pin pointed the exact spot.  I started rubbing it really had and it hurt like hell.  After a while I stopped and as I sat there I started to think my foot felt better so I went to massage it more and could barely locate the spot.  So I think I am a believe in massage to help heal.

NHLA:  WD40 my husband uses on everything.  I did have to stop him when he tried to bring it into the bedroom.   This can be used for Thurs QOTD.

runtrailFDC:  I heard PrepH is great for facial crème too.

Jamie:  Good luck tomorrow...or is it Sunday.

AT-Runner:  I would love to feel some google hands. 

LB...it's time.  Hope your balls are better. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Afternoon all!  Strength trained this morning, was gong to run this afternoon, but think I'll save it for tomorrow morning- have a tough 16 miler planned

qotd: Queen you should have let your husband bring it in, that stuff is unbelievable!  OK I kiid, I kiid 

when I was youngster when we had hiccups, my aunt would have us drink a glass of water while watching our finger go back and forth at the same time- every time the glass was empty the hiccups were gone!  can't explain it, it works 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

AT-Runner:  I would love to feel some google hands. 

Haha. Never use phone much to post here. Need to watch that auto-correct.  Google hands is what happens when you use WD-40 in the bedroom.

UPDATE: Out of surgery and had more tear than they thought, so a bit longer recover. She' in her upper 70's, so looks like slow going until the holidays. Which means my to-do-list will be growing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Once again been MIA for  a few days, but reading through.

Thanks for the jokes, some made me laugh out loudly!

7 miles braving the storm on the bike path. Good thing I did not run in the woods - there was a downed tree across the bike path, and just when I had climbed over it and left it behind me, there came another tree crashing down right next to it. 

This is a stretch where the golf court has built some expansion, and they have cut down some brush and some trees, so I guess that section is "out of balance", and that's why the trees come falling down in high wind. Probably will take a few years for the woods to adjust to the new layout.

I also ran 7  hilly miles yesterday, and found it very energizing (despite the strong wind, rain, and sleet). Before I changed departments at work, I had mostly run after work (8 hours on my feet), and I had almost forgotten how much fun it is to run early before work. Now I usually work later, so there are some days when I can sneak in a run after sending the kids off to the school bus and having to go to work. Fun times, and I still get daylight runs in, what luxury!

Good luck to the fun runners! Jamie, what became of Stone Mill??

AT: Hope your mom will heal up quickly.

QOTD: A bandaid over a plantar wart for 2 weeks might make the wart go away. However, it might also take a "spell" to get it right. 

When I was a young adult, I had a huge wart on my toe. It had been there for many months and was bothering me. My mom made me close my eyes, spoke a "spell", and covered the wart with a band aid that I was not supposed to take off for 2 weeks. I did not believe for one moment that this could work.

Surprise, surprise, when I took the band aid off after two weeks (I don't remember any more how I actually got it to stick for that long, but somehow I did), the wart was completely gone, and the spot healed and immaculate. 

Run for fun.