Trailer Trash

Finally Fridaily is here (Read 35 times)

Watoni

Last "training run" before Lake Sonoma. I never ran long enough, so no point in starting now ... We are in Hawaii for the kids spring break starting tomorrow, so hopefully some good runs on the beach and some easy trail runs just for fun through Tuesday or so.

QOTD: I have seen bears in Alaska running. Near the Mendenhall glacier. Less scared of them there than I would be in Yosemite since people feed them in Yosemite. I was just careful not to get between the mother bear and her cubs.

I have seen coyotes, a mountain lion, and rattlesnakes locally ... A local fox would be a good sighting.

Ultra Cowboy

to quote another John...Run Gently.  Enjoy the Soputh Pacific to the best of your ability Watoni...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Runinaround

Ran 7 miles yesterday on the trails after work and just got back from running another 7 around work for my lunch break.

QOTD: See plenty of coyotes, bobcats, deer and rattlesnakes around here. I have heard of mountain lion sightings in the area but have yet to see one myself, dont know if I would want to see a bear or not, moose would be cool.

Watoni

Got in a nice 9.5 with some good climbing .... pics won't upload though, so all I have is the Strava data:

http://app.strava.com/activities/47380533

runtraildc

Snow, You have some BIG bears in your neck of the woods...It is understandable.  I saw some video from a fella who worked at the Kodiak Fish hatchery.  That would pucker me...

Snow & Rocky.-- My brown bear experience was a kodiak brown bear (the  sub-species that make regular brown bears look puny).  I was at a safe distance (low flying float plane).  That was enough.  I'll never forget how fast it could move!

Occasional Runner

I didn't run today because I had a super early flight this morning. It took 3 flights to get from Baton Rouge to Sacramento. That makes for 7 flights since Wednesday. Chilling out in the hotel now, resting up for my 50 miler in the morning. We'll see how all that works out.

QOTD: I think I've seen it all but it never gets old.

Watoni

I didn't run today because I had a super early flight this morning. It took 3 flights to get from Baton Rouge to Sacramento. That makes for 7 flights since Wednesday. Chilling out in the hotel now, resting up for my 50 miler in the morning. We'll see how all that works out.

QOTD: I think I've seen it all but it never gets old.

Kick ass! I would be there cheering if I weren't going with the kids on vacation!

Occasional Runner

Kick ass! I would be there cheering if I weren't going with the kids on vacation!

Thanks. That would have been cool. Enjoy the vacation!

NorthernHarrier

Got in late at night but since it is a little bit of a wildlife theme...well that's always interesting.

Anyway a couple nice road runs up north, if running on the road can be considered nice. Saw 2 trumpeter swans that landed in my bay where there is about 200 sq. ft. of open water. Pretty cool and my latest wildlife sighting while running down my driveway to get on the roads.

Did tap a bunch of maples but only a slow sap run. Winter storm up there today so I'll head back up sometime Monday.

QOTD-- Well I always get excited at the sight of a beaver. Big grin

Had a face to face with a wolf while running a trail near my place. Came upon a grizz while running in Yellowstone. Had a cougar walk into my campsite while I was laying in a hammock in Mt. and had a Caribou walk into a camp in the far north while drinking my coffee. The only times I've been threatened by wildlife and actually have had to pick up a club and commence action is several times in the spring I've had male butterballs coming after me gobbling and flailing their wings.

But I really would like to see a wolverine or maybe Bigfoot.