Trailer Trash

Saturdailie Zen (Read 32 times)

Sandy-2

Had a choice; sleep in, do a local run on the roads, take the train to some trails I have researched. Either way, had to be done in time to leave the hotel for the flight back home at noon.

Decided to get up at 4:30am and get the train to the trails (I needed to do about 20 miles or about 3.5 hours). The taxi/train combo is about 45 min each way.

Ended up doing a 20ish mile run circling Kamakura.  Lots of wrong turns, but nothing too far astray. It's hard to get too turned around with such a prominent landmark... of course it wasn't always visible. (Photos below).

I even had time for a quick bite and Starbucks in Kamakura with a co-worker afterward. Made it back in time to take a shower and still make the train to the airport.

(Updated:  Here are 2 photos from my run...)

tbd.

The pooch and I did an easy pace on our 4 mile trail run this morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rest day today. My morning run fell victim to a constant change of schedules today, and from what the plan is now, I won't get a run in before work in the evening. But I figure a rest day to conclude this 50-mile week isn't too bad. Sandy: sounds wonderful. I always admire your commitment. Looking forward to the pictures.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Spending a day at work so this is a rest day for me. As tired as I feel that's probably a good thing.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

19.4 miles this morning in three runs:

0.8 with Weston

6.5 with a big group of HATRs at Mercer park. Stayed near the front on the outbound trip, including a sprint/race  to the dam. came in 3rd. Was closer to the back on the way home.   Brad had the best fall, rolled over and got back on his feet in one movement.  around 10 min pace

12.1 solo after the group run.  I changed into my road shoes and headed out to the power line jogging trail at 11:15 pace.  Faded to 14 min pace at the end.  Got back to the park with 1 mile left to go so I slowly plodded down bike path for a 0.5 mile out'n' back, when WONDER OF WONDERS!!!  Spring officially arrived!  There were SPRING PEEPERS in the wetlands, announcing in no uncertain terms the official ***END***OF***WINTER***!  I took a video to capture the moment on Facebook, and mentioned it to everyone I met .  Still plodding, but no longer depressed.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Actually ran on a trail for part of my run today, first time since the snow hit at the start of winter. Aside from some steep hills in the beginning and lots of fallen trees across the trail that hadn't been cleared yet, it was a nice run. I'd forgotten what a trail run could feel like.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

muppy

8.0 up-and-down some little mountains.

Wcrunner, isn't it nice to run on actual trails was again!

jonferg67

Endless trails

Happy Spring everyone,

I did 15 trail miles this morning. Legs feel like concrete, not really sure why. I'm

still having an issue with my left leg, I don't have full range of motion. But aside

from all that it was awesome to be out on the trails today, great weather.