Trailer Trash

Golfing Mondaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I have the afternoon off today so I can play in a golf tournament for Hospice.  Should be fun but I haven't played as much golf this year as in the past, so hope I'm an asset and not a liability.

Some soreness from my back to back days, so of today, and if still sore tomorrow, I'll take an URD.

NH - Paintbrush / Cascade Canyon was one of our favorite runs.  I think I wrote about it before, how DW and felt like we were all by ourselves around the back of Jenny lake, and then BAM, dozens of Asian tourists with selfie sticks and hiking in sandals.  We were like WTF.  I didn't  know there was a ferry boat that cut across the lake. As we continued, several of them were attempting to hike up towards Inspiration Point, and were hugging the rocks.  I was so happy when we were done with them and then we didn't see another person until we got back around towards Jenny Lake.  The views were incredible. Enjoy!

QOTD:  Peach fan or not?  Peach season in full swing around us, and everything is peaches right now, jam, salsa, pie, cobbler, ice cream, etc.  Then in a week or so we'll start getting the apples.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I took a URD yesterday, slept in and then just too much to do and I never got out for that run.  I guess I needed the rest day though.  I'm going to do a heat run at lunch today.

qotd: Peaches are ok, but I do like them best in a cobbler with lots of ice cream.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained this morning

NO  squats- my legs are pretty sore, especially behind and just above my knees (lower hamstring???)

supposed to only get into the 70's today, so brought my running stuff with to work- if I go it'll be an easy 4-5 miles; something to get the blood pumping in the legs

I like peaches, but for some reason don't seem to buy them very often- sliced on cereal they're pretty darn good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD Addendum - If you don't have a lot of Peaches in your area, what is one of your main produces that the area seems to rally behind?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

6.2 miles around town last night.

QOTD I like peaches, I started making my famous peach cobbler last week and ate half the pan myself.

LB2

Today was supposed to be an SRD. But I went ahead and got up to run anyway. I ran a little modified loop of 3.2 miles. Honestly, I had to walk some of it because my stomach was sloshing a little bit and my quads were trashed/cooked/hammered/heavy... I think I was totally wasted from yesterday's 10 mile run in the heat, which totally sucked balls, too. The past few days have just been brutal, and I hear lots of people complaining about it, not just runners. Anyway, I arranged my route to come back to my house and did my weightlifting routine along the course about every mile. I was totally soaked by the end of that short workout. I know that it will pay off when the temps cool off, but it is really hard to fathom that what I did over the weekend did any good at all because it was so slow. Nevertheless, my experience has shown that it will. It is like you are barely moving at all. On a good note, I drank an ice cold beer after last night's run, and I am pretty sure it was the best beer I have ever had in my life. I think the first beer after 10 miles to 1/2 marathon is the best.

QOTD: Yes, we have peaches, and I absolutely love them. However, I rarely buy them. I don't know why that is. Our other produce that is local would have watermelons. I buy them quite often, and I can eat a whole one by myself regardless of the size.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning, had to deliver the jeep for factory recall stuff.  No gym as no car.

QOTD:  Yes..yummy

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Planning on taking a nap then doing a 5-6 mile run/walk. My back is out of sorts and that's putting pressure on the nerves so I'm having too much pain below the knee and into my foot to suit me . Right now running seems to make it worse. Sometimes it makes it better.  Guess that's what I get from being stupid and getting run over by a farm wagon in my young days.

QOTD: Yes, but not fresh. The only fruit that I like fresh are apples. I do like canned peaches and love them in pies, cobblers and jelly/jams.

Snyder County used to be known for it's wonderful cantaloupes. We have far better lopes then anywhere else.  Back in the early 80's Snyder County supplied the bulk of cantaloupes to Weis Markets in the late summer. They would only ship in from other sources if they had to. They were also highly sought after up in the NY grocery stores.  Our climate combined with our soil type made a very sweet lope. I can still taste a difference but the climate has changed over the decades and now we are far more humid and I've wondered if that  has changed the quality of the melon.

Hmmmmm........This QOTD brings back a lot of memories. My Dad had two smaller trucks that we used to run around to the individual farms and pick up the cantaloupes which we then took either to a local packing house to be shipped out on tractor trailers or took them right to Weis Markets distribution center.  Probably hauled 50-60+ tons a day of them at the peak of season. Then this morning at work I was talking with one of our part timers who is raising garlic. Through that conversation I found out that he had also picked cannery tomatoes by hand in his younger days, something that I also did but no one really understands the back breaking work that was. That was all back in the day when most of us teenage brats worked all summer instead of getting into trouble .

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

QOTD Addendum - If you don't have a lot of Peaches in your area, what is one of your main produces that the area seems to rally behind?

beef 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

rest day for me. My plan is for strength work at the gym.

qotd: We buy peaches by the crate of 25lbs at our farmer's market as 'seconds'. We eat them fresh, in pie, frozen for the winter and put into smoothies and I do also can them. Then it's tomatoes. I finally got several good heirloom tomatoes out of the garden this year. Had a basil mozzarella tomato sandwich for breakfast, a BLT for lunch. delicious.

Gator eye

Still sneaking around in the shadows. Although I did run 6 this am I decided the right foot still needs more time.

Back to the bike, stupid comtraption.

QOTD: back when I was a runner peaches were my long run food. I carried or packed the small cana of peaches. Besides that i don't get peaches often.

On a Side note, last weekend I was in Marquette visiting my kid. We were down town waiting for them to jion us for dinner and went into a local watering hole and of all people I sat down next to Tracy LOkkens. Nice guy.

He holds a few masters records in the marathon, His fastest time is around a 2:23 or so.

yes I got him a beer

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a nice 13 yesterday morning and an easy 2+ this morning.

QOTD: Peaches are ok.  I use them in smoothies at times.  Never really baked with them though.

Have a great rest of your day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday