Trailer Trash

Polar Vortex Fridaily (Read 23 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Very windy and temperatures are dropping into lower teens tonight. Weather guy says it's a polar vortex. Why do they have to name everything now and not just say "wear a heavier coat, it's getting cold out"?   No run time today.  Working over lunchtime. We go Live with new EHR software next Wednesday. It's been a long process getting it set up, and I'm ready to switch. 

Morning run tomorrow, distance TBD.  Long run on Sunday.

Dreamer - are you and your DW running the Turkey Tussle tomorrow?

Any racers / pacers / volunteers this weekend (besides DC, who'll be at Stone mill)?

QOTD:  Weekend plans?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

13 feels like 1 degree here.  Who turned on the switch for winter?  I am displeased.

QOTD: I am going to sleep in!  And bake some cookies.  And make soup.  Possibly try a run and a bike ride.

Running is dumb.

muppy

7.3 miles last night.

QOTD  Saturday I will take the wife to the gun range to shoot her new pistol. Sunday I will watch the mighty Steelers of Pittsburgh kick some butt!!!

Sandy-2

Vortex indeed, it was all of 49 deg here this morning.  The folks down in River Oaks have no doubt taken their fur coats out of storage.  I did 4 mi early this morning, felt really nice.

Good luck DC.

Mandy, what time should we all show up for soup and cookies?

qotd: tonight we're meeting our Brazilian friends at their favorite Brazilian restaurant for a bit of food and music. Tomorrow I'm meeting my DD for a morning run, she's cramming to see if she'll do the 50 or 100 next month (I'm gonna join her in whichever she decides so I guess I'm cramming too). Not sure about Sunday, but I may watch the decimated Texans prove once again that quarterback is the most important position.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's a holiday for me but still met up with my Friday morning runners for 7 miles...no slow pokes in the group; exceot for me of course!  We even had some 9:25 miles!!!   Now off for a hike, hopefully linner (lunch/dinner) and a movie later. My weather is the same as Sandy's 49 and wet.  Brrrh

qotd: see above and tomorrow chores, sunday longish run and yard work.  We are on pine needle duty until Dec.  Maybe do some cooking Sunday.

Sandy:  wow... cramming for a 100...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy, what time should we all show up for soup and cookies?

Come on over anytime! 

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Cold and very windy here, too. Waiting for DS to get home from school so we can go on the rail to trail for a few cool miles. That is one of the few trails that is somewhat safe even with high winds, no really big trees that could fall down, the woods are maintained because they are through residential areas for the most part, and on PSU campus.

QOTD: Football. Work. Enough said.

trailDC: running or volunteering? I will be volunteering with the kids at the Nittany Valley half marathon the first weekend in December, looking forward to it.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Sandy:  wow... cramming for a 100...

Yeah, as they say, "youth is wasted on the young", me on the other hand...  oh forget it.

Daydreamer1

Brrrr.....it's cold around here. Left the station at 5:10 this morning and the temp was in the mid 40's. Two hours later it was in the low 30s with a 15-20 MPH wind. Sitting inside right now trying to decide if I'll venture out for a run or not. Probably not as the GI tract isn't acting right and I've got the "runs" .   Most likely another elliptical session.

AT - Run the Turkey Tussle in this weather? Are you crazy????   When we discussed it I decided not to sign up until the day of the race just in case the weather turned nasty which it did.  Just can't get myself to drive  a hour and a half one way to freeze through out the race. Now if it was the middle of February when I'm more acclimated to the cold then we would probably be down.  It kind of irritates me that it got so cold just over the weekend and is supposed to warm up early next week.

QOTD:  Well I was going to run the 15k at the Turkey Tussle and DW was going to walk the 5k, but since it got so cold I'll probably just hang out around home and get caught up on chores.

LB2

SRD, but what a day. This was my first paycheck from the new job. I am just a transfer, so it should be easy, right? I still teach an adjunct English class at my old job on Monday nights. That part of my check went to direct deposit. My new check ended up being a hard check that I had to go all the way to Baton Rouge to pick up. Then, I went to the bank, 20 miles away, to deposit it, but they were off for Veteran's Day. I had no deposit slips and the "supplies" spot at the night deposit was empty, at both branches. Then, HR called and said they forgot to get me to sign some additional papers. I went back to BR, still had my check. I signed the papers. I decided to go home and get something to eat. On the way home, I got behind an AT&T service truck that lost a box of something from the back, which came careening down the highway off the back of the truck toward my truck. I dodged the box, but the guy who was on my ass hit it in a Honda Accord. Get off my ass, Bro!!!. I ate and decided to go to my old bank branch by my old job and drop the check in the night deposit because I had some deposit slips at the house. I finally got to my office just in time to post this, and I am about to walk out the door. Good news is that had enough money to sign up for Red Dirt, but I'll wait until Monday when my check gets deposited, just in case I overlooked something.

QOTD: I'll run a little bit. I may get drunk tonight. It has been quite a day.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Crazy weather! It was 10 degrees colder when I ran at 4:00 pm than when I got up this morning at 7:00 am. Wind chill was 22F.

qotd: Will start the weekend off by cheering at the NCAA D3 Mideast Cross Country Championships Saturday morning - Go Immaculata!
                        Then I head to Gettysburg for 4 days with friends touring the battlefield.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

It's official, we're in for the hondo.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Wow  and good livk when and where is this?

It's official, we're in for the hondo.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄