Trailer Trash

C&O Canal 100 RR (Read 43 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I think the flatness is the killer. The Tussey Mountainback is run on gravel roads, so the footing/surface is similar to the Towpath, but it has lots of hills, and that really made it much easier. However, many people complain about their feet and legs getting all beaten up at the Tussey, too. I was wearing my road shoes, and that was fine for the 50M. Not sure if that would work for 100.

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Huge congrats on completing 100...that's awesome.  +1 the Zagat comments were hilarious...I always turn into the jokes guy when I'm sleep deprived too (with varying results).  Wasn't your last RR the FebApple Frozen 50?  Really impressive getting the 100 done after a race like that.  Redemption +50.

**Ask me about streaking**

Huge congrats on completing 100...that's awesome.  +1 the Zagat comments were hilarious...I always turn into the jokes guy when I'm sleep deprived too (with varying results).  Wasn't your last RR the FebApple Frozen 50?  Really impressive getting the 100 done after a race like that.  Redemption +50.

Thanks. It feels good. Around mile 80 I swore I would never do another Ultra but now that I've settled down I'm hungry to improve my time. We've got a great community here. It makes it easy to stay motivated and set goals.

Low_O2

Congrats on finishing the 100! I agree, running on the flats is tough. I like to be forced to walk once in a while by the terrain, and I haven't run anywhere close to 100 miles. Way to tough it out and get it done! Nice RR, thanks for sharing.

KreegSauceRuns

Big Congrats on your first 100!!  I too would be bored to death with a race like that.

I hope to write a just as successful RR in a few weeks.  Congrats again!

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC