Trailer Trash

Longest Day Thursdaily (Read 16 times)

moonlightrunner

I started my Longest Day with a bonfire at 130 in the morning! Everyone else in the campground was quiet and sleeping. The only sound was a night bird calling and an occasional distant train whistle.

Planning a 6 miler this evening.

QOTD: pass

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Bert-o

I lost my rama

moonlight - A bonfire at that time sounds absolutely amazing!

Got 4 easy on trail tonight.  Spent much of yesterday evening's run dodging poison ivy.  Figure tonight will be much the same but half the distance.

QOTD:  Speaking of fires, do you like to roast marshmallows over them?  If so, how do you like it.... a slow methodical cook with a light brown outside? ....or are you impatient and just light the damn thing on fire and blow it out and eat the burnt crust?

I prefer the light brown marshmallow, but I admit that I have to eat the flaming burnt crust more often than not.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

moonlightrunner

Funny you should ask...I was really wanting marshmallows, graham crackers and Hershey bars! I like mine lightly toasted with a touch of char.

moonlight - A bonfire at that time sounds absolutely amazing!

Got 4 easy on trail tonight.  Spent much of yesterday evening's run dodging poison ivy.  Figure tonight will be much the same but half the distance.

QOTD:  Speaking of fires, do you like to roast marshmallows over them?  If so, how do you like it.... a slow methodical cook with a light brown outside? ....or are you impatient and just light the damn thing on fire and blow it out and eat the burnt crust?

I prefer the light brown marshmallow, but I admit that I have to eat the flaming burnt crust more often than not.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

Hi all, I got up at 3:30 this morning for 6. Could see no moon only bright stars, no wind and eerily quite. No dogs barking, no yotes, no birds, frogs, owls, or the usual noises I hear every morning. I wished for a jacket about half way through, temps were down around 45

QOTD: Golden brown

Moon- I love me a bon fire and smores, and just so you know Queen beer goes well with smores

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I totally screwed myself of a run this morning by staying in bed.  The sound of rain on the roof seemed to deter me just enough to make the decision.  No running for the next 2-3 days.  Going camping with a bunch of boys and since I am a chaperone, I cannot just take off and run.  Oh well.

QOTD: Good timing I suppose since we will be camping.  I like to blow up the marshmallows!

Have a great weekend everyone.  Wish I was around to pay attention to WS100 but no cell service where I am going so I will find out on Sunday how it all went down.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nothing yesterday, nothing today- 12 hours of hell tomorrow evening 

qotd: haven’t done marshmallows in years, but when I was younger definitely a nicely toasted light brown Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

nothing yesterday, nothing today- 12 hours of hell tomorrow evening 

I may not check in tomorrow, so GOOD LUCK on your race!!!  12 hours of hell sounds like heaven. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am back from my three day backpacking trip and I am hooked!!  Three days and I feel like I was gone for 3 weeks...loved it.  Here's a shot of me with my friends pup who refused to go any further once we hit this road.  Carried her about a half mile.  Work calls will check back in later.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, tree, outdoor and nature

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 12 miles on the AT.  Caught up with Harvey Lewis and ran back with him.  Super nice guy and he really wanted intel on what was coming up.  He kept thanking me for the information.  I told him I walked a bit with Jenny Pharr Davis, ran with Scott Jurek and said "hi" to Karl.  He was excited that I had seen them all and wanted to know how Scott looked when I ran with him.  I told him he was running much better since I was having a hard time keeping up and Scott was slowly running with poles when I saw him.  Harvey got really excited and dropped me going up a long climb.  It took me 1/2 a mile on the downhill to get back to him and I was almost all out.  He looks strong and his leg is feeling better.  50+ the last 3 days and should do close to 60 today.

Jamie and GC, if you have a chance, get out and say hello.

Moon - sunrise campfires are great.

Bert - Poison Ivy is bad in PA this year.  Sections of trail that I've never seen it before are lined with it.

Warden - Good luck with the race. Slow and steady gets you through 12 hours. Don't start out too fast.

Gator - nice temperature.   We always say want some smore beer.

Jamie - I was talking about your paper with a local psychologist. Can I share it with her, or should she go through proper channels?

Sue - When your ready for the AT, give us a call.  Jess and I are doing another overnight in 2 weeks.  We're hammock people, and the AT is perfect for hammocks (or as some call them Bear Burritos).

QOTD:  I'm a slow and brown guy, DW like them burnt and crispy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I'll do 3 easy after work today. I think my DS will have to skip our run on Saturday, he has to work. Bummed.

AT - cool that you got to meet up with the FKT team.

QoN - too funny.

qotd: light brown.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Bert, AT- thanks and thanks for the tip; definitely going to take it easy, to be perfectly honest not much choice 

Sue- I had a feeling you might like it; you’re already conditioned, so you just have to kick back and soak in the views Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √