Trailer Trash

TM Tuesdaily (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

We may need to change the name of this group.

Raining pretty good right now with temps right around 33°.  Doesn't look like it will clear up for a few hours, so another TM day. Plan on running some 800's.  How many, TBD.  We've had more icy rain this winter than I can remember. That, lightning, and windy days below 0° are the only times that I feel forced to stay indoors.

QOTD:  When and where will you be having your next vacation / day trip / weekend getaway?  We're going to Chincoteague Island this weekend with 2 other couples.  This is the 6th year for our winter getaway and we play cards, walk around town and the beach, and eat and drink way too much. 5 of the 6 of us used to run together, but now DW and I are the only runners.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Easy recovery run planned for this afternoon.

qotd: I plan to extend my trip to race Powderface 21K, Jul 1st, to a week's vacation in the Canadian Rockies. May add a second in August to fit around the total solar eclipse on the 21st, which is two days after the Lean Horse 50K in SD. It's tempting to run that then head a little south to the path of the eclipse.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

XtremeTaper

No TM here, no run either today. Trying to shake off the cold/flu bug I have. Hit me hard Sunday night, yesterday. Weepy eyed, run down, and draggin'. Did walk the dogs yesterday around the block then proceeded to lay on the couch watching old CSI reruns. Might try to get to the gym tonight to see if a little activity will make me feel better.

QOTD: We will be going down to FL next month to snowbird for a few weeks at my parents. Not sure if we will do a weekend trip somewhere. Last year we did Sanibel Island. After that it's my niece's wedding in May at Amicalola Fall in the Georgia Mountains. We have a pet friendly cabin booked, so that will be a mini-vacation of sorts.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

8 miles to town and back.

qotd  FL trip  and DC trip

runtraildc

Yesterday was another no running day, but doubled up on yoga. Raining here today, but it should clear up later.  More rain expected on Friday, the inauguration.  Things are definitely ratcheting up here this week.

qotd: Nothing big. Maybe a ski weekend up in NH/VT in February. Depends on the car situation (looking for an older Subaru, might have something deadly happening with our VW diesel).

LB2

I will get a few miles after work today. I just finalized a training plan for Pinhoti when our internet was down. I just wanted to put it on a spreadsheet. I doubt I stick to it 100%, but it gives me a good framework for mileage/time.

QOTD: I am supposed to go to Colorado for a few days in April, but I don't have the exact dates yet.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Yesterday was another no running day, but doubled up on yoga. Raining here today, but it should clear up later.  More rain expected on Friday, the inauguration.  Things are definitely ratcheting up here this week.

At times like this, I sure don't miss moving away from DC.

AT-runner

Tim

I will get a few miles after work today. I just finalized a training plan for Pinhoti when our internet was down. I just wanted to put it on a spreadsheet. I doubt I stick to it 100%, but it gives me a good framework for mileage/time.

I do better with a spreadsheet (or calendar). The spreadsheet look somehow makes it seem more real and makes me feel more accountable.  Also, I agree that following it 100% never seems to work out with scheduling, but with the spreadsheet, I usually will trade weeks to fit anything that pops up unexpectedly.

Pinhoti is in the fall?

Gator eye

Rest day due to ice and rain, 15 minute trip to work took over a hour.

QOTD: im feeling a weekend snow shoeing trip in Marquette in the next few weeks.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I woke feeling tired and crabby so I called in late to work.  Drank coffee, ate toast, stacked wood, and than went for a 5 mile run in the woods.  It was not cold.   I think I could handle working 12 to 5:30  now I am at work.  I've been feeling funky lately...cold then sweaty hot than cold again and tired... menopause or flu???  Sorry guys...your always talking about your chaffing parts.   need more women in this thread and not like our current youngins..trailrunner DC and the occasional Mandy.

QOTD:  I'm going to Puerta Vallarta to visit my parents and sister March 6th.  Can't wait to warm up!

AT:  We are also coming into another wet and cold rainy week.  Sure makes it hard to get out the door.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I took a few SRDs.  Just too busy on the holiday yesderday and today I was too busy at work.  Now I'm sitting in the airport waiting for a flight to London.  Brought my running stuff so I'll get some runs in this week while there.

qotd: I'm planning a weekend getaway to meet up with our DS. We just haven't decided where or when yet.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL