Trailer Trash

Long may you run Saturdaily (Read 22 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

still have a bunch of Neil Young songs running through me mind   going to take a SRD (possibly strength train) today

few pics from Stuart Peak run yesterday

qotd: hill repeats?  I've been doing them once a week for the last month and already paying dividends- sections of runs that used to be power hikes are now runnable (albeit very slowly!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

I was going to try to change the title on you, Warden.  Going to change it to "Long may you Slosh" .  Here in the east the cold rain is still coming down, although it's much worse in the south compared to where I live.  I heard they cancelled Grindstone 100 due to weather.  Apparently the NFS pulled the permit for all events in that district.

If the rain stops I'll get out for 6-7 miles. If it keeps raining it will probably be the elliptical. For some reason I'm being an extreme wuss the past two days.

QOTD:  Did a lot oh hill repeats this past year.  It wasn't fun, but it sure helped a lot.

Edit: Apparently Grindstone is back on, for next weekend.  Looking at the weather report for that area it looks like they probably could have run it this weekend.

runtraildc

Just got back from the group run- just under 6 in perfect weather- 50 degrees with a light mist.   The group run is sponsored by our local sports shop and they had someone from Saucony there with shoes.  Unfortunately, this store doesn't carry any trail shoes, but I did talk with the guy about Peregrines.  Is anyone running in these?  If so, any endorsements (or warnings)?

qotd:  Only just recently, as in the past month, but I'm seeing an improvement already.  There's a hill at the end of one of my runs by my house that I've always struggled with, but blew up it with (relative) ease the other day.

AT-runner

Tim

Just got out of the hot tub after our cold and wet run this morning. Was hard starting in the rain, but after a while became very enjoyable. I think we managed 10-11 miles, but not sure because we mixed up some deep wood trails that don't get much usage.

The Martian was pretty good. Kept very close to the book, and Matt Damon was a good choice to play the role. Worth seeing if you are a science geek like me or if you just want to look at Matt Damon, like DW.

QOTD:  In the spring I'll do specific repeats on a steep gravel fire road. During the year, on some runs I'll push all the uphills and go easy on the down.  Next run, I might switch it up.

Nice pics, warden, and thanks for the ear worm with today's title.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just got home from a 12-hour work shift. Felt pretty crappy, not because it was exhausting, but because the food or the mealtimes (breakfast at 1 a.m., lunch at 5:30, then nothing until 2 p.m.) did not agree with my system. Unless it's for a 100-miler, I am not thriving on those overnight workouts, it seems.

QOTD: I do them occasionally, and more often before races. I

have a short road "hill" behind my house, and when I really don't have time for a longer run, I just sprint it Up and down ten times. With a warmup and a cool down lap, it is an intense little workout. I am usually wiped out by the 6th or 7th repeat, but always force myself to do te

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

Yeah thanks for the pics and the reminder, warden. I wasn't gonna run at all today and then I saw the thread and it made me want to get out there - so that's thanks to everybody, cause I got in 5 in the cold, rainy muck.

qotd: Not really. I do progression runs fairly frequently, and do get some elevation when I can run away from home, but I don't think I've ever done hill repeats. Not saying I don't believe in them, though... I'd hardly know

LB2

40 miles in 7:28:58. I feel pretty good and felt pretty good the whole way. I'm ready.

QOTD: I don't really do them very often. If I am running in a mountain race, I will normally spend about 2 hours twice a week on a treadmill at the highest incline.

LB2